Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-24-2019, 04:09 PM   #1

Default Sewer Hose for Winnebago Era 170X

I am new to this 170X class b and just discovered my sewer hose (from the macerator pump) is split in 3 places. I want to replace it with a longer one. Does anyone know what size (ID and OD) and type of hose this is? It needs to be fairly flexible to store and If there is a better grade, (this one died in only 2 years) I would like to install it. Thanks
era4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 12:11 AM   #2

Default Sewer Hose for Winnebago Era 170X

Late reply but the hose is a 1" inside diameter hose. The hose in my 2017 170X did the same thing; it was 2-3 years old. Hose was very brittle. I purchased a new one on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Clean-Dump-CD...web_8496891011 and replaced it.
GoldenEra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 04:03 AM   #3

I've been searching for a replacement for my newly acquired 2018 Era B. Hose broke in 2 places when I pulled it out! Camping World had no clue!
Dnelsonma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 12:30 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Default WOW.. that's very premature fails on the 2017 and 2018 posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnelsonma View Post
I've been searching for a replacement for my newly acquired 2018 Era B. Hose broke in 2 places when I pulled it out! Camping World had no clue!
I purchased my RV in May 2017.... and I experienced a crack in my dump hose with the macerator pump.

All I can say is, get the OEM parts or have it done professionally..... A neighbor who said he could do it for less really botched the job and I had to get it completely redone the correct way.....A really good RV shop that does repair work can get this all done for you. It's a dirty job and you want it done right....

If you take it to a professional, it will cost you about $750.
Be very careful pulling the hose out of the channel. And, I've only heard that Camping World is not a good place to get this serviced.... your mileage will vary.

These are precisely the things that are NOT COVERED under any warranty or maintenance contract...

Good luck.
Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 12:36 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Roadtrek used poor quality hoses, shown by the OP's and many other's early failures, so IMO, using the same hose again would be not a great choice.

Many of us have switched to the Sani-con super flexible hose and really have had great success with them. Easy to use, easy to store, not fragile.

https://www.amazon.com/Thetford-7042.../dp/B003DIU4C0
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 01:33 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Default Interesting comment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
Roadtrek used poor quality hoses, shown by the OP's and many other's early failures, so IMO, using the same hose again would be not a great choice.

Many of us have switched to the Sani-con super flexible hose and really have had great success with them. Easy to use, easy to store, not fragile.

https://www.amazon.com/Thetford-7042.../dp/B003DIU4C0
My Roadtrek hose was the original hose that failed in the 6 and 1/2 year... not one or two.....

It was brittle....in the one year since being replaced, it works perfectly....

I don't know why you would say that they're inferior....

As for storage, the hose is permanently attached to my RV and is in it's own channel under the rig..
Old 10-22-2019, 01:46 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 View Post
My Roadtrek hose was the original hose that failed in the 6 and 1/2 year... not one or two.....

It was brittle....in the one year since being replaced, it works perfectly....

I don't know why you would say that they're inferior....

As for storage, the hose is permanently attached to my RV and is in it's own channel under the rig..

We have heard about bad hoses on Roadtrek macerators for years, most failing early, like ours did on our 07 190P. Do you even know if yours was the original, as you bought the van used? I think you will find most everyone here understands why it is often stated that the hose setup was inferior. We have had the Sani-con for nearly a decade and it still works like new, and very easy to use.

You, yourself, just stated earlier in this discussion to be
Quote:
Be very careful pulling the hose out of the channel
which certainly would indicate fragility to me.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 03:22 PM   #8
Bud
Platinum Member

"We have heard about bad hoses on Roadtrek macerators for years, most failing early, like ours did on our 07 190P."

Roadtrek Adventuous RS1, this has been understood for more than 10 years.

Bud
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 06:45 PM   #9
Platinum Member

! Camping World had no clue!

That is Camping World! Ron
Old 10-23-2019, 02:47 AM   #10
Platinum Member

Default Reason I said that....

Quote:
We have heard about bad hoses on Roadtrek macerators for years, most failing early, like ours did on our 07 190P. Do you even know if yours was the original, as you bought the van used? I think you will find most everyone here understands why it is often stated that the hose setup was inferior. We have had the Sani-con for nearly a decade and it still works like new, and very easy to use.

You, yourself, just stated earlier in this discussion to be which certainly would indicate fragility to me.
Yes, I said that, but, it's because if you are not careful you can catch the hose on the access door panel which is metal and rip the hose.

Besides, it's always a good idea to take out and replace gently...it's a plastic hose...

As far as I know, it was the original hose... We'll see how it goes from here. My replacement hose is fine and it's been on my RV for over a year now. No problems.
Old 10-24-2019, 09:54 AM   #11
Platinum Member

Quote:
Roadtrek used poor quality hoses, shown by the OP's

OP has a Winnebago Era.
Knit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
170x, era, sewer hose