Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2021, 01:46 PM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Shipping a Class B on an auto carrier?

I'm contemplating shipping my Roadtrek 210 from Mobile AL to Salt Lake City, UT. Has anyone out there have any experience with doing so? Costs? Considerations?

Or if not an auto carrier, by rail perhaps. I can certainly be flexible on the pick up and drop off points.
Kegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 12:27 AM   #2
Platinum Member

I looked at it years ago. It has to be on a flatbed truck due to weight and the costs were out of sight. You would be better served to pay someone to drive it if you can’t do it yourself.

There are professional RV drivers.
hbn7hj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 02:45 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Local RV dealer may have names of folks who deliver. Can drive to location and fly home or, commonly, driver will two a small car for the return trip,
Belzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 12:17 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Check out uship.com.

"Il Travato Rosso"
2015 Travato 59g
eric1514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 04:03 PM   #5
Bronze Member

Default Ill drive it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegan View Post
I'm contemplating shipping my Roadtrek 210 from Mobile AL to Salt Lake City, UT. Has anyone out there have any experience with doing so? Costs? Considerations?

Or if not an auto carrier, by rail perhaps. I can certainly be flexible on the pick up and drop off points.
plane ticket and$$$$$$
jjustj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 05:03 PM   #6
Bronze Member

You want to get your class B about 2/3 the way across the US. How to do that?
I would say drive it! Isn't that why you own the RV in the first place? You could do it in 2 days, with a single overnight at a rest stop or KOA.. but why not do it in 5 days, pick some interesting things to see along the way, and enjoy owning an RV?
I plan on taking two weeks or so to travel round trip from CA to TN this summer. One direction I'll take I40 across the southern states, and one direction I80 across the northern states.
MarkS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 01:39 PM   #7
Platinum Member

With our current Class B we rented a one way Enterprise car to pick up our van 800 miles away and then drove it on an extended trip before going home. In two weeks we are making the same trip only trading in our van and then going on a zig-zagging month long trip Cleveland, to Indianapolis to Washington DC before seeing home again in Minnesota.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 01:22 PM   #8

I haven't shipped something as big as a Roadtrek before, but I did have to move a vintage car once. Flexibility with your pickup and drop-off points is a good call—it can sometimes help reduce the cost.
trash panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 07:00 PM   #9

I’ve only moved cars before, but being flexible definitely helped me cut down on costs. I’d suggest collecting a few quotes and comparing what they offer, not just the price but how they handle the whole process.

For my own car shipping, I went with a1autotransport, and they were transparent and reliable. They really helped me out with the nitty-gritty and made sure my car was delivered safely.
ceoshank88 is offline   Reply With Quote