Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2021, 11:41 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Shower water recycling

ARV shower water recycling system video

gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 01:03 PM   #2
Platinum Member

I like long hot showers so all of the recycling systems catch my attention. What I have not seen are any health standards that they must fulfill. Maybe they don't exist for RVs.

Many years ago I was talking to someone who wanted to add a heat exchanger to the shower drain. A large plumbing company said it would be too difficult to meet health standards for it to be worth building. I never looked up those standards so I don't know if it was real or just a way to brush off the issue. Still a real time inline water quality sensor would make me feel safer.
MobileCabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 02:08 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileCabin View Post
I like long hot showers so all of the recycling systems catch my attention. What I have not seen are any health standards that they must fulfill. Maybe they don't exist for RVs.

Many years ago I was talking to someone who wanted to add a heat exchanger to the shower drain. A large plumbing company said it would be too difficult to meet health standards for it to be worth building. I never looked up those standards so I don't know if it was real or just a way to brush off the issue. Still a real time inline water quality sensor would make me feel safer.
EarthCruiser has a developed a similar system also using a UV sanitizer and they were waiting for some type of approval for the system before delivering it to customers (EPA?).

I am not that concerned about shower water quality and UV sanitation seems adequate to me.
Old 06-12-2021, 06:57 PM   #4
Platinum Member

The Goexplorer system only recycles water which passed a test, see at 0:15 sec video. So, there is a sensor which can differentiate between water which is OK for recycling or not. Could be pH (from shampoo or soap), or turbidity or another magic sensor.

https://goexplorer.org/instant-water...shower-system/
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 07:15 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeRa View Post
The Goexplorer system only recycles water which passed a test, see at 0:15 sec video. So, there is a sensor which can differentiate between water which is OK for recycling or not. Could be pH (from shampoo or soap), or turbidity or another magic sensor.

https://goexplorer.org/instant-water...shower-system/
At a price of at least 5,000 Euros it seems to be a luxury item for a small market not something for small RVs…
Old 06-12-2021, 07:27 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmchugh View Post
At a price of at least 5,000 Euros it seems to be a luxury item for a small market not something for small RVs…
Indeed expensive, would be nice to compare it to ARV system cost.
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 12:06 AM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmchugh View Post
EarthCruiser has a developed a similar system also using a UV sanitizer and they were waiting for some type of approval for the system before delivering it to customers (EPA?).

I am not that concerned about shower water quality and UV sanitation seems adequate to me.
I believe Nimbl uses a system from Guzzle H2O.

Well, I guess at future camp gatherings we can identify those with problemed recirculating systems by their pink-eye.
MobileCabin is offline   Reply With Quote