Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-13-2015, 02:51 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Small European "A"?

I can't find the link for it, but a while back, I came across a class "A" rig that was built on a Ducato frame. It was similar to a Winnebago Via, but around 20 feet long. Because it was built on a stripped ladder chassis, it could have basement storage, and the bed (if I recall right) was intended for people to sleep widthwise.) With a creative use of tambour doors (like what the Travato uses for the bathroom), the rig had a decent aisle shower without taking away from other uses of the space. Even the steps going to the bed had storage in them.

Wonder if anyone has seen this. I can't find the model of this for the life of me. Its main advantage was the fact that the body was either fiberglass or carbon fiber, and was completely engineered by the RV upfitter, and put together using various epoxy compounds to save weight on metal fasteners.

Only reason why I bring this up is that I wish someone would make something like this on US soil.
mlts22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 04:12 AM   #2
Bronze Member

Default Re: Small European "A"?

Yes. The European ducato van up-fitters have fully optimized motor home conversions. Look at the websites for Globecar, aria, pilote, challenger, knauss, chausson and a host of other to see how creative and advanced their technology is. Very impressive.
rclemins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 09:10 AM   #3
Gold Member

You can check out the Motorcaravan Motorhome Monthly (MMM) YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMvxgh ... pNnFFxJBMg

They do lots of reviews for all the companies mentioned making European Class B's , C's, and A's
tmshih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 11:54 AM   #4
Gold Member

Maybe it's the Adria Sonic Supreme 710SL? Raised bed, storage under the stairs, bathroom extends into the hallway.... dunno if the shell is carbon fiber though.

tmshih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 10:40 PM   #5
Bronze Member

Or maybe this is it? The Pilote Galaxy G740G Sensation....

http://youtu.be/NZs_bPh1_cQ
rclemins is offline   Reply With Quote