Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-01-2018, 02:45 AM   #21
Platinum Member

Hey gentlemen; OP here. Spirited discussion? The reason that the question came about was that I had always put my RV into storage after disconnecting the house battery negative to avoid any parasitic loss. It seemed to be totally effective. My PW has a battery box under the rear storage compartment. So limited that when I replaced the existing group 24 battery with a group 27 I had to cut off the carrier strap ears to make it fit. It does....but there's zero room in the compartment.

So......In adding the Victron battery monitor I have to place the shunt outside the battery box. Doable running a line from the battery negative to the shunt and back to the original connections to the battery.

So......I thought: Why not add a dedicated cutoff switch in this loop to accomplish the same thing I was doing when I manually disconnected the negative leads before going into storage.

Am I correct in assuming that...IF what I was doing before was a safe, workable way of disconnecting the battery for storage....isn't interjecting the CO switch in the manner described doing the same thing?
GallenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 03:42 AM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by GallenH View Post
Am I correct in assuming that...IF what I was doing before was a safe, workable way of disconnecting the battery for storage....isn't interjecting the CO switch in the manner described doing the same thing?
Yes, it is.
avanti is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 03:45 AM   #23
Platinum Member

Excellent!! Many thanks, avanti.
GallenH is offline   Reply With Quote