Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2021, 05:07 PM   #21
Bronze Member

Thanks. I just joined that Yahoo group and reached out to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
There is a poster on the "new" Yahoo board that is talking about selling his 2008 210 with 40K miles on it.

https://roadtrekkers.groups.io/g/RT/...0,2,0,80612748
Atlee Hokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 04:13 PM   #22

One quick thought: I was very interested in Roadtrek (mostly because there are a lot of them out there) until I learned bout the one thing I can't live with. You shower in the hallway and unit tied up while you do so. I ended up with an Xplorer which is on a dodge B3500 1 ton chassis with duallies. Has a wet bath and full size bed in rear since its 6" wider and just lead out better than Roadtrek. Roadtrek well made and I like their looks, but the bathroom is a deal breaker for me.
Hutchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 04:27 PM   #23
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wny-pat View Post
It is a common problem on all the Chevy Express models no matter what year. It is even a problem with their pick up and suvs.
We have a 2000 RT V that we keep trickle charged all winter (Maine). No problems. Will be selling it come Spring as one of our dogs cannot, will not adjust to it and we refuse to kennel him.
moosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 04:42 PM   #24
Gold Member

I bought an '08210P (built on an '07 chassis) four years ago, with 88k miles. Don't know much about the first two years it was on the road other than it traveled frequently between FL and AZ, but the second owner had it in southern CA and maintained it immaculately. Like all my vehicles I have tried to do the same with our RT. Items needing immediate attention were: replacing the steering box (chevy dealer), and dropping the generator to replace its fuel pump and fuel filter which I relocated both outside the generator box. I have also updated the fridge to a NovaKool AC/DC, updated the microwave and TV, replaced the seat cushion in the drivers seat, replaced the AC plug/outlet with a SmartPlug, sanded and treated the battery box twice (the last time I used truck bedliner paint and that seems to be holding up very well), and replaced battery box drawer glides. I sanded clear coated the top of my RT but it failed after about eighteen months so I sanded and painted the very top with Bus Kote. Then I recently had all of the GM paint and clear coat deficiencies fixed by a local paint shop that did an excellent job (almost $2800). I've also had to replace the TrippLite inverter/charger, spark plugs and wires, and the coach batteries. It hasn't been cheap but it's been a labor of love and gives me something to do since I'm retired and the wife still works 9 months out of the year. And we love traveling in our RT which now has 132K miles. In fact, covid didn't really impact our travels last summer - we made the usual trips to FL and MI and even added a new states in between. My advice - search for one that suits your style of travel/camping that has been well maintained. In most cases it's easy to spot an RV that has not been maintained or abused. And if you're buying one with a generator, make sure it will run under load for at least thirty minutes. If it won't, there's a problem that may be expensive to fix. Good luck!
bwatters60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 04:51 PM   #25
Platinum Member

I have a 2008 RT 210 p
It has peeling paint both on the top ,clear coat ( so do many otjers ) and back doors.
both thing happened this year I have ownes it for 3 years. it has 50k miles , I have waxed it twice a year since I have owned ,,,,?? maybe I should not have done that.
It has a Phantom / parasite battery drain ( this is VERY common) after aboit 10 days not used it will be below 12.0 v ,,,in the 11's ,,,,,, I park it outside in florida so, I use a 4 watt solar chaeger in the windshield to the Cig lighter, I also have a quick dfisconnect at the battery.
The shore power, upholstery and battery box are things that could go bad in 12 or so years or so
for me #4 " could be a problem", mold is hard to get rid of , on the other hand it is something we in Florida fight against ALL the time. So it might deend on how bad it is.
4) It had not been cleaned out inside and there was some evidence of mold.
One of your pluses is something I would look into carefully ,,, that is the 2" lot of RT owners have done the lift, but it has to be done right. . look around at old post about suspension on RT .. there are some VERY knowable people on this board (not me).
Last,,, if I were thinking of selling I would not sell for 42k ....
As far as I have read/researched RV have problems/quirks ... LOTS of systems LOTS to go wrong . as someone else said .... take a good look at you pricey items ...air, Frig,Generset. heat.Ect. and evrn if they are operating perfictly ,,, plan/know that you MAY have to replace some or all of them in the next few years.
Don't get discouraged .. the RV life is worth the pain ,,,at least for me
take care Michael
mangomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 04:25 AM   #26

Cool

I sold my 2007 Roadtrek 210 Popular with 69K miles for $47,000.00 in 2019. I was the second owner and owned it for about 11 1/2 years. I sold it with recently replaced tires and wheels from a 2016 Roadtrek (tires & wheels had 6,000 miles), VIPER wireless alarm system with key fob paging monitoring system, tinted windows, pet and smoke free, always stored inside garage, leather interior and paint exterior in excellent condition. Oil and filter changed every 3K to 4K miles intervals (Mobil 1). I installed a Pioneer AM/FM/CD/DVD/Rear view camera unit.

Replaced it with a 2016 Roadtrek 210 Popular with 6,000 miles. Second owner. Pet and smoke free unit. Paid $87,000 in 2019. It came with the solar panel option instead of an ONAN generator.
AKFINEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 12:34 PM   #27
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKFINEST View Post
I sold my 2007 Roadtrek 210 Popular with 69K miles for $47,000.00 in 2019. I was the second owner and owned it for about 11 1/2 years. I sold it with recently replaced tires and wheels from a 2016 Roadtrek (tires & wheels had 6,000 miles), VIPER wireless alarm system with key fob paging monitoring system, tinted windows, pet and smoke free, always stored inside garage, leather interior and paint exterior in excellent condition. Oil and filter changed every 3K to 4K miles intervals (Mobil 1). I installed a Pioneer AM/FM/CD/DVD/Rear view camera unit.

Replaced it with a 2016 Roadtrek 210 Popular with 6,000 miles. Second owner. Pet and smoke free unit. Paid $87,000 in 2019. It came with the solar panel option instead of an ONAN generator.
How would you compare the build quality of the 2007 compared with the 2016?
peteco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 05:20 PM   #28
Platinum Member

Having investigated the parasitic drain on my 2008C210P, I have come to the conclusion that it is a software issue. I have taken measurements of drain after shutting off and found that there is a 1200 mA drain which goes on forever, unless the driver side door is opened and closed after removing the key. If that is done the 1,200 mA drain drops to about 47 mA after 60 to 90 seconds. I interpret this being the time for the ECU to decide to go into sleep mode. The residual 47 mA can be explained by the fact that the key fob receiver must remain active, sleeping current by the ECU and the radio internal memory. Earlier models may not have had the door open/close requirement and likewise later models. 47 mA will take weeks to drain the starting battery.
JohnnyFry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 05:42 PM   #29
Platinum Member

Having a vehicle stay active for a while is pretty common I think until someone exits. They have various reasons, I think, including the auto arming of the security systems, keeping power window and the radio available etc.

The dealers seem have said it is security system related, IIRC. Our 07 does the same high drain when we open a door for a while and then goes down to quite low parasitic.

DW's Honda CRV is really weird that way, and not necessarily in a good way. I went on an early geezer hour time at Walmart and had to wait a bit before they opened. I shut the engine off and waited, and when I went to get out the doors wouldn't unlock from the power locks and when I took the key back in and turned it to on to get the doors to work, the alarm went off. I had to start the car before it went off and when I shut it back off all was normal. Never been locked in a car before. It appears that if I had unlocked the doors right away it probably would not have happened, but that is kind of dumb because sometimes for some folks, that isn't exactly a safe way to wait.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 08:21 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteco View Post
How would you compare the build quality of the 2007 compared with the 2016?
They are both excellent unit.

The main reason for us to upgrade to the 2016 RT 210 Popular was that it has a 2 twin beds option (that could convert into a queen size bed), where you can sleep front to back (north to south) instead of the sleeping configuration of the 2007 RT Versatile, where you have to sleep east to west. If you are sleeping on the back on the 2007 RT 210 Versatile, you have to jump over your partner in order to get out of bed to use the restroom.

The 2007 Versatile had 2 captain chairs and 2 bucket seats.

The 2016 210 Popular only has 3 captain chairs/seats.
AKFINEST is offline   Reply With Quote