Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2020, 04:51 PM   #1

Default Space between Zion 2019 front seats

Hi there,
we wonder if the available space between the 2 front seats of a Roadtrek ZION 2019 is sufficient to put the plastic boxes we use to carry which contains our kitchen stuff, could someone measure that for us.
Thanks in advance.
Daniel
dcarb035 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 08:40 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarb035 View Post
Hi there,
we wonder if the available space between the 2 front seats of a Roadtrek ZION 2019 is sufficient to put the plastic boxes we use to carry which contains our kitchen stuff, could someone measure that for us.
Thanks in advance.
Daniel

Welcome to the forum dcarb035!

I don't have the Promaster, so you'll have to wait for an owner to respond, or just visit your local RAM dealership and take out the old tape measure. I don't believe swivel seat bases take up more room than the standard seats, maybe an inch or two, but only if the swivel release or something is between the seats.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 03:35 AM   #3
Platinum Member

It is very narrow. Much narrower than the space I had in my Ford rig or Chevy rigs. Are you talking about putting there when you travel or when stopped?
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 03:47 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Here are the measurements on my Trend MH on 2016 ProMaster. I removed both seat arm rest for more room to pass thru to the back. I have a step platform sitting between the seats, which helps with the spongee area. Enlarge the photo to see measurements.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Between Seat Measurments wo Arm Rest.jpg (212.4 KB, 38 views)
mloganusda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 05:04 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mloganusda View Post
Here are the measurements on my Trend MH on 2016 ProMaster. I removed both seat arm rest for more room to pass thru to the back. I have a step platform sitting between the seats, which helps with the spongee area. Enlarge the photo to see measurements.
Wow, the area between your Promaster seats doesn't look narrow, but at 13-1/2" is certainly is. I just measured the area between my Chevy Express front seats and it is 21" (almost 50% wider).

And if the knobs to release the seat swivels were not directly opposed to each other there, the width would be 23". A good thing since our 70lb. standard poodle rides there.

Note: We have removed the seat-back recline levers since our dog got his collar caught on one. Having them in place would reduce box storage width a couple of inches.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 09:58 PM   #6
Platinum Member

The seat swivel and the seat back adjusters are on each corner of both seats. You pull up to release. Took me a while to learn how to adjust seats.

MLogan
Smyrna, TN
mloganusda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 10:25 PM   #7

Many thanks, our boxes will fit, they are 13 inches! Daniel
Old 08-30-2020, 10:54 PM   #8
Platinum Member

dcarb, just wondering.... why would you carry kitchen equipment in a box, rather than in the galley storage cabinets? BTW... the Zion is a shorter similar layout to our Free Spirit, with galley on passenger/camping side, which we find very functional.
Old 08-31-2020, 12:06 AM   #9

Good question but here is the good answer: because we never cook nor eat in the van but on the picnic table in the campground or down the road! First thing we do when arriving at a campground is to put our boxes on the picnic table!
Old 08-31-2020, 12:14 AM   #10

We just sold our Freedom II 2003 for a Zion 2019 which we'll have in 2 weeks, we'll have a much newer RV and are gaining 1 foot (21'' instead of 19' 10'') ... plus all the recent add-ons to RVs. How old is your Free Spirit and how long is it ?
Old 08-31-2020, 12:34 AM   #11
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post
Note: We have removed the seat-back recline levers since our dog got his collar caught on one.

headed out to van with screwdriver now- great tip BEFORE there is a problem. Luna's dogbed is between our seats and we store the reflectix window covers underneath while driving ( keeps the heat off her)
Thanks, Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote