Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2020, 05:21 PM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Sprinter has a TPMS?

We just picked up a 2018 Winnie Era, based on the Sprinter platform. The Sprinter manual in it implies that it should have a tire pressure monitoring system with the following components:
1. An idiot light that illuminates if the tire pressure is low.
2. A submenu in the dash computer display that display individual tire pressures.

I'm not finding any evidence that it has either. Does anybody know if it should? Or do I need to buy a bluetooth system off of Amazon?

Thanks

dm
KitsapEra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 05:25 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsapEra View Post
We just picked up a 2018 Winnie Era, based on the Sprinter platform. The Sprinter manual in it implies that it should have a tire pressure monitoring system with the following components:
1. An idiot light that illuminates if the tire pressure is low.
2. A submenu in the dash computer display that display individual tire pressures.

I'm not finding any evidence that it has either. Does anybody know if it should? Or do I need to buy a bluetooth system off of Amazon?

Thanks

dm
2500s have TPMS (because they have to by law). 3500s do not (because they weight more and are exempt).

The Operator's Manual does not make such distinctions. It lists everything that you MIGHT have.
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 05:37 PM   #3
Platinum Member

I use a $40 4 wheel system off amazon

It works just fine

when shopping ensure that you get a system which can handle the TP range you'll use- I run 80 psi, some of the units sold top out in the 40's

Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 12:22 AM   #4
Bronze Member

I just purchased a 2014 LTV Free Spirit 22, built on a MB Sprinter 3500. This does not come with TPMS. As it is nearly impossible to check the air pressure a dually, it worried me that the tire pressures were right each time I jumped in the van.

To solve the problem, I ordered a DuallyValve kit from YourTireSupply.com for $120. This kit consists of rigid chrome metal valve stems that replace the OEM rubber stems and extend them to a place where they can be reached with the wheel covers in place. I also ordered a Invtek Solar Power RV TPMS Tire Pressure Monitoring System with 6 Wireless External Sensors kit from Amazon for $130. I chose this TMPS because the display is solar powered and displays air pressure and temp for all 6 tires.
I replaced my OEM Continental VancoFourSeason tires with Michelin Agilis CrossClimate (another story in itself, but WHAT a difference- The van is 50% quieter now!!), and while the tire shop had the tires off, they installed the DuallyValve stems for me.

Everything works perfectly. Once the van rolls a few feet, the sensors wake up and send the signal to the display so I know immediately what the tire pressure is. If pressure drops while on the road, the display warns me of the change. The DuallyValve stems make it easy to add air when needed without removing the wheel covers. The display sits on the dashboard to the left of the instruments, next to the “A” pillar.
I highly recommend these products.
DaveWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 09:17 PM   #5
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkguitar View Post
I use a $40 4 wheel system off amazon

It works just fine

when shopping ensure that you get a system which can handle the TP range you'll use- I run 80 psi, some of the units sold top out in the 40's

Mike
We have similar vehicles, would you mind sharing which system you purchased?
IWUGrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 11:25 PM   #6
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWUGrad View Post
We have similar vehicles, would you mind sharing which system you purchased?
Which system are you referring to? I noted the stem kit and tpms systems that I purchased in my post. Glad to provide more info if it would help.
DaveWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 01:13 PM   #7
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveWA View Post
Which system are you referring to? I noted the stem kit and tpms systems that I purchased in my post. Glad to provide more info if it would help.
Sorry my question was meant for @mkguitar. I didn't make that clear.
IWUGrad is offline   Reply With Quote