Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-14-2018, 01:39 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Sprinter Window Issue - Track Bushing

I had a problem with my drivers side window - got disconnected from the regulator and was not staying up. Then the next day it dropped down inside the door. I was able to get the interior door trim off and re-engage the window to the regulator. However I noted that a plastic bushing that goes between the track and the regulator had disintegrated. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement for this bushing? It does not appear to be included with the regulator.
engnrsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 11:24 PM   #2
Platinum Member

I'm sure its available at a Mercedes dealer. Give their service department a call.
Old 12-15-2018, 12:21 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Does that bushing look like anything in the parts diagram of the Sprinter front door window? This diagram is for a 2018 Sprinter 3500EXT chassis.

DUTCH in Atlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 02:04 AM   #4
Bronze Member

There are posts on the sprinter source forum on how to address this matter, like this one:
https://sprinter-source.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=16098
Old 12-15-2018, 03:46 AM   #5
Platinum Member

I have 2004 Sprinter, on mine there is a plastic part that slides in the track and is held on with a bushing. If it's that piece you're talking about, you can't order it, you have to buy the whole assembly.

It seemed wasteful and expensive so I I recovered the broken plastic part from inside the door, modeled it and a coworker printed a couple of 3D parts for me. We drilled out the bushing and used a binding barrel post (purchased from McMaster Carr) with loctite to install the new plastic part.

I was so happy with the part I bought my own 3D printer. Now I can make my own parts. I've made parts for a friend and a few other parts for myself.
Lennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 07:39 PM   #6
Bronze Member

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DODGE-MERCE...item3b02564037

I have used these with good lasting results.
parkgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 08:43 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Default Window repair

Thank you, looks like exactly what I need! I appreciate that someone took the time to reengineer this problem.
Old 12-21-2018, 05:49 PM   #8
Platinum Member

I had the issue and made a 'temporary' bushing using a large plastic tie-wrap (zip-ty) on the end of the arm.
It holds it in the track if you leave the right amount of tail on the tie-wrap.
I added a bit grease to the track as well.
Marley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 03:45 PM   #9
Platinum Member

Default parkgt solution works great

I installed the replacement bushing/slide block today and it is a very well engineered solution. The plastic slide is replaced with a solid brass block. There is a bit of work involved so I took some pictures as the kit does not come with instructions other than what is on the ebay listing. You will need a set of the "star" driver bits for the various attachment screws in the panel and regulator. Remove the door panel and lower the window/regulator so the regulator arm is not blocked by the regulator frame. Shim or support the window. Remove the window regulator. Remove any remnants of the old plastic slide.

The pin holding the plastic slide is riveted into the arm of the regulator. Use a dremel or similar tool to grind off the back of the rivet and knock it out. Install the new slide block and nut on the window side of the regulator arm and install the screw from the other side of the arm. The block should spin freely on the nut. The screw is pre-coated with loctite.

Apply a light grease to the track and slide the block into the track (I used bicycle teflon grease as it is cleaner - you do not need much). Reinstall the regulator and reattach wiring harness so it can't get fouled in the regulator. Plug in the window control buttons and test. White plug is Driver door, black plug is passenger door. Reinstall the door panel.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0108191012_HDR.jpg (458.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 0108190951_HDR.jpg (173.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 0108190957.jpg (228.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 0108191002.jpg (209.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 0108191012.jpg (247.5 KB, 2 views)