Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2014, 05:35 AM   #21
Platinum Member

Default Re: Sprinters -- 2500 and 3500 chassis

I actually bought a folding tripod, round table from Walmart which I use up front when passenger seat reversed and take it outside to use when cooking and need extra space or for other stuff. I store it behind the rear couch/bed at back. Paid 20$ for it. They should be available at many places.
Fastpaddler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 01:41 AM   #22
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastpaddler1
Davydd

Every time I see your excellent GWV Sprinter I grumble to myself how I couldnt strike a deal with the former GM of GWV for a 2011 from Winnipeg factory. Still considering options to replace my PW but nothing settled yet. Regards. You helpful info is appreciated by everybody, for sure.

AL

PS So many grand kids and their parents visiting the Island this year, our camping trips have been short ones!!!
AL,

You do know my 2011 Great West Van is for sale.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 05:16 AM   #23
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastpaddler1
Davydd

Every time I see your excellent GWV Sprinter I grumble to myself how I couldnt strike a deal with the former GM of GWV for a 2011 from Winnipeg factory. Still considering options to replace my PW but nothing settled yet. Regards. You helpful info is appreciated by everybody, for sure.

AL

PS So many grand kids and their parents visiting the Island this year, our camping trips have been short ones!!!
AL,

You do know my 2011 Great West Van is for sale.

Hi

I kind of was wondering about that. I have a guy locally who is looking for a Sprinter like mine so I am contacting him this week. It is hard to find one over here. I am going to consider the differential between what I get for this one and what I have to pay to upgrade. Your unit looks great from pics and I guess your mileage would be around 60K miles? Not much on a diesel if all else works fine and tires(tyres)are good.

AL
Fastpaddler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 10:33 PM   #24

Default Re: Sprinters -- 2500 and 3500 2013 chassis slider screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizbeth
After looking on line and going to several screen shops, I decided to make my own. I bought a "Bug Off" two panel screen and a single "Magic Mesh" screen (Amazon). I inserted the strongest magnets i could find in the upper material of the "Bug Off" screen, that was made for the rod and sewed horizontal lines approx. every 2.5 inches so the magnets wouldn't bunch up. I lined it up the middle opening so I could exit out the door. I cut the "magic mesh" to fit each end. The sides on those screens already had magnets attached. I sewed the sides of the "Magic Mesh" screen onto each side of the "Bug Off" screen and added a few magnets to the upper corners? It was exactly the right length and the "Bug Off" screen has a weighted strip on the bottom that keeps it down. It is easy to put on and take off. It works great. I kept the rod and put it on two closable attachments behind the cabinets above the bed, so I can roll up the screen and store it when not in use.
Thank you so much for this - I will give it a shot.

Morden
Morden is offline   Reply With Quote