Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2016, 08:45 AM   #1

Default steering better at speed

while under the coach, we bounced the bumper by hand, and it oscillated a few times(like bad shocks would) and no leaf spring movement. Then I noticed the new summer tread firestone front tires slightly bouncing some as seen while under the unit. Having been experimenting with the air pucks, I had low air and increased it 70 lbs. After that the bumper test just bounced about once, and saw a slight leaf spring movement.
A calm day and ran 70 MPH and the best ride yet with new front tires and 7 yr old rear all season.

There are two independent stacked air pucks on the axle on each side, I saw them slightly separate while bouncing the rear bumper because of low psi.
Just my thoughts.
2001 coach house 192tb.
bought 11/20016
ald2120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 09:40 AM   #2

2001 dodge coach 192tb RV 118,000 miles

I traveled 800 miles to ark. at speeds of 65 ,I did go higher to pass vehicles. With a cross wind I would be at 60-65 to keep from drifting. On the way back ,It was 70 mph at least 1/2 way. The RV ran great. No crosswind. Adjusting air ride as I previously said ,and new front firestone summer looking tires ,helped a lot. The rear tires are 1/2 life and soon to be changes out., they are all season goodyear.
added a cd player
has a VHS player
has a led tv
added extra 12 volt to charge things.
added rear cam
removed little round mirrors from outside mirrors.
ald2120 is offline   Reply With Quote