Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2016, 05:44 PM   #1
Bronze Member

Default SUburban water heater thermostat

My 95 new to me Roadterk has a 6 gallon Surburban water heater, the water temp at the kitchen sink is 144 degrees F when the heater shuts off. The thermostat must be 140 F, but it is not adjustable. Is there some place I can order an adjustable thermostat. Water that hot is not safe. Thanks for your help
95Pop210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 04:22 AM   #2
Platinum Member

You might want to think about a mixing valve. Set it to shower temp and end the problem of wasting a lot of water just getting it set.

There is a replacement adjustable thermostat for your water heater if you are talking about the LP heating. It will not help with the electric heat or engine heat if your unit is heated with that also.

I think the temp controlled mixing valve is the best solution.
DCHitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 06:38 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Nah, the best solution is to put an aquarium thermometer sensor in the jacket around the water heater, stick it on the wall, and set the alarm for the perfect temperature for a shower. For me that temp is 93 in my class C and 103 in the RT. More pipe between the heater and shower head in the RT.

When the alarm goes off, turn off the water heater, and turn on the hot water faucet. Saves a lot of water and propane. The meter we use is an AQ 150. Hope the link works.

https://www.zoro.com/general-digital...Q&gclsrc=aw.ds
hbn7hj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 06:49 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Amazon has it for $15 and $61. Search AQ 150. The $61 must be the certified calibrated one.
hbn7hj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 09:45 PM   #5
Platinum Member

I like the aquarium thermometer idea but it doesn't work for me because my hot water is also heated from the engine. Engine temps get above 200F. Mixing valve for me....
DCHitt is offline   Reply With Quote