Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-19-2016, 12:51 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Swivel Seats - Hard to swivel

In our new-to-us 2004 Roadtrek 190P, the swivel seats seem like a cool idea but are a royal PITA to swivel mostly due to lack of room. The driver's side requires opening the door to get enough clearance as well as a good deal of maneuvering. The passenger side is easier given the steering wheel is out of the way but still no piece of cake. So what do others experience with these things? Are they really useful or more of a cool sounding idea?
ManWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 01:11 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManWonder View Post
In our new-to-us 2004 Roadtrek 190P, the swivel seats seem like a cool idea but are a royal PITA to swivel mostly due to lack of room. The driver's side requires opening the door to get enough clearance as well as a good deal of maneuvering. The passenger side is easier given the steering wheel is out of the way but still no piece of cake. So what do others experience with these things? Are they really useful or more of a cool sounding idea?

We have a 2004 RT 190V and we can swivel both seats without opening the doors. You may need to tilt the steering wheel down. We swivel them all the time without issue....but we did need to figure how far to tilt the steering wheel and how far the seat needed to be pulled forward before we could do it without opening the cab doors.
Old 12-19-2016, 01:11 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManWonder View Post
They are a tight fit, especially the driver seat. As you have found out, doing them from the outside is best. You will also learn where the seat needs to be in the track to clear the steering and the engine cover. You also cannot get a lot of seat back angle with the driver seat turned. The extra issue we don't like is that the seats overlap the drop floor, so you need a footrest so you don't have legs dangling.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 02:19 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
The extra issue we don't like is that the seats overlap the drop floor, so you need a footrest so you don't have legs dangling.
this is especially true when you're 5'5" (on a good day)!

When I first got the rig, I thought one of the seats, I don't remember which, did not swivel at all. The release handle was extremely hard to push down. With use it got easier. I reckon the folks who owned the rig before we did hardly ever (if at all) used the swivels. This is true of a few other things such as the refrigerator, the shower, and the generator (less than 25 hours) to name a few.
ManWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 03:56 PM   #5
Platinum Member

It's same on our chev based Pleasure-Way
except our floor is flat (no drop floor...when we were shopping I kept tripping on the transitions!).

we don;t much swivel the driver's seat and I may have finally figured out how forward/back the pass seat needs to be on it's slide, and the recline- much easier to do this from outside.

you are not alone.

Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
swivel seats