Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-23-2019, 04:14 PM   #1
Mfm
Bronze Member

Default Tank cleaner wand

Wondering if anyone else has had this problem....macerator started sounding loud like something hard was in there rattling around. The pump still emptied the tanks. Had the pump disassembled and the service people found the culprit. It was the metal tip of the wand that I used to spray out the black tank; it had come loose from the end of the wand. They kept it for me and I compared to my wand and found that it was indeed the tip that had come loose from the hose. It had only been glued into the end of the wand. A very expensive fix to have someone take the pump apart.
Mfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 06:42 PM   #2
Platinum Member

I made my own wand, which I also use for cleaning the swimming pool cartridge filter.

Its a two foot long piece of 1/2" PVC pipe used for electrical conduit so it has threads cut into it. I glued a cap on one end and a brass ball valve screwed on to the other with a fitting that mounts to a garden hose.

Once I glued on the PVC cap I took a 3" cut off wheel to it and cut a 1/16th" wide slot in it on the side. Nothing to fall off, plenty of pressure and frugal.

It works just fine, though I seldom have a need to deploy it. Usually just once a year, maybe.

Bummer on the $$$, sometimes you just gotta do it.
Just for fun:'15 Kawasaki Versys650LT
Perfection is a fantasy, though improvement is possible(Wifey).
SteveJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 05:55 PM   #3

Nice bit of design work SteveJ. I'm going to copy that. I have a shop vac filter that could use some periodic cleaning along with the occasional attention to the black tank. I am a little concerned about something falling into it
that shouldn't be there.
burkedm175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 03:48 PM   #4
Bronze Member

I am highly satisfied after read out details @ this link https://fqechemicals.com/processes/tank-cleaning/

really impressive as full reach of information available here.
Jill Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote