Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2014, 11:08 PM   #1

Default The Great Pleasureway Flood of '14

95 Pleasureway

We were hooked up to city water, everything hunky-dory. Woke up this morning with 3-4 inches of water on the floor. My wife says she woke up and, in a haze, THINKS she turned the toilet flush valve off. The bathroom, however, was not flooded. Managed to siphon most of it out, emptied the tanks and drove home. Also, I have about 10 gallons in the cabin tank. Also noted, the rug in the rear utility storage is wet.
It is now closed up in the driveway with the A/C on high to dry things out.

This doesn't sound like the toilet overflowed (no water in bathroom) to me (but what do I know) Anything else this could be? I want to be sure before we take it out again.

As always, thanks for all the help,

Bob W
banjerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 11:19 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: The Great Pleasureway Flood of '14

Might be time to hook up the water again to see where it comes out of. It is alreay wet, so you can't really hurt anything by doing it.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 11:48 PM   #3
Platinum Member

If the bathroom was dry then there were only two other possible places. One would be the kitchen sink but I would think you would have discovered that right off and if it were it would have eventually filled the grey water tank and the water would have then come up the bathroom floor drain and thus a wet bathroom.. The other is your hot water heater and attendant pipes you should be able to check by opening the cabinet door and taking a look. Of course it could be worse and be a burst or disconnected pipe about anywhere as most are concealed in the walls or inside and behind cabinetry.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 01:41 AM   #4
Platinum Member

It's probably the last thing you want to do but I'd connect to city water again like Booster suggested if it is still wet. Look and listen for a possible leak. Or drain all water from everything and pressurize the plumbing system with maybe 20psi air and listen for escaping air.

It's possible the city water pressure was too high overnight and there's a weakness in the plumbing.

I had a leak in my van that was difficult to trace the source of. It turned out to be the water heater located in the rear corner of the van. The leak was a steady drip under the van - under the bathroom in the middle of the van, about 6 or 7 feet from the source of the problem. The leak was only apparent when the system was pressurized. The water had found a way out so my floor never got wet. I had to replace the water heater.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote