Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-09-2020, 01:37 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default The RV Park Tide's

Every year people find their way down along the southern states to warm their feet in the sands. Well, not so completely. Having lived in almost every southern State and being a longtime RV'er, it's fun to watch the RV Parks overgrow their capacity for available RV parking spaces. While in both California, Arizona you will not so much see RV Parks fill up but the desert areas with Boondockers in large numbers. Texas, LA and Georgia, and Florida, I have seen time and time again the seasonal tides grow larger each year.

How all it seems to begin here in the Southern States. RV Park reservations are made well in advance as neighbors share with neighbors RV Park locations and possible availabilities. Then follow the RV searchers as I call them. My heart always seems to go out of the way for these folks trying to find their RV Space as if birds shopping for that one tree space to build a nest close to food and water sources. For us, humans in search of good Sunlight, a comfortable place to rest our bones, near some active senior locations. With every person you talk with, each has their wanted recreational activity. (Maybe here I should ask what is yours?)

I have a few friends who still have there must have class As and a growing list of others to Class B lifestyle. Here that may or may not have a House/Condominium to stay the season. While using that Class B to save on rest stops while traveling, privacy, baggage, and transportation to local restaurants and outdoor activities. Say, the next time you are close to a tourist area for Seniors check out the number of Class B Camper VANS in the parking areas. Now with this virus soon in our rearview, I pray and hope to see more Class B camper vans growing in numbers, as people still want to do what they were doing but with a little more safety. What do you think?
Dogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 07:07 PM   #2

Default Florida parks filling up

I live in Central Florida. I was a full-timer for about 6 years after retiring. We loved to travel and do handyman work for a Christian organization called SOWERs. My wife and I came to the central part of Florida each winter, so decided to set roots here. We figured it would be easier to go through the buying process now, then when we were older. Glad we did.

I do see local RV parks filling up quickly each fall. People seem to come earlier each year. I can tell this not just by the parks filling up, but by the traffic on the roads. So yes, if you don't reserve early, you won't have a place tp stay, that is for sure.

I/we have 5 acres, and I hope to some day have a visitor pad for those traveling through, but not yet.

We still travel. My wife calls us "summer birds". We travel up North in the summer months looking for cooler weather. We have the best of both worlds now.
Nick&Linda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class b, privacy, safety, snowbirds, tourist