Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2018, 07:28 PM   #41
jon
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ View Post
I think the option is called 59G.
No shoulder harnesses? I guess it's fine for second row passenger's torso's to get slammed into the table during hard braking and accidents. After all...It's only an RV.
jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 12:28 AM   #42
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon View Post
No shoulder harnesses? I guess it's fine for second row passenger's torso's to get slammed into the table during hard braking and accidents. After all...It's only an RV.
Totally agree! The lack of regard for the rear passenger safety has kept me on the sideline. I am waiting to see if the Transit will have a decent crew seating option in the 2019 van.
Oliver2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 12:48 AM   #43
jon
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver2017 View Post
Totally agree! The lack of regard for the rear passenger safety has kept me on the sideline. I am waiting to see if the Transit will have a decent crew seating option in the 2019 van.
I just ordered a 2019 and there was no "crew" seating option. I bought a 2 person seat from ebay and had it shipped to my conversion shop waiting for the van to arrive. I'm going to copy this idea:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg front dinnette.jpg (212.9 KB, 48 views)
Old 08-04-2018, 11:29 AM   #44
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon View Post
I wanted to get one of those.........But, I want real passenger seats for the second row, don't want a cassette hole cut in the van, and wanted a sofa bed in back. I know the 2.0 has a sofa but I want the shorter van.

So I looked into custom and learned that most of the custom RV converters won't put seats in the back of the promaster. That's why I ordered a transit.

Do you like how the Transit came out? Can I ask who did the work?
JeanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 11:36 AM   #45
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ View Post
I think the option is called 59G.
I wish it were that simple!
JeanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 02:11 PM   #46
jon
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanM View Post
Do you like how the Transit came out? Can I ask who did the work?
I just ordered the transit from Ford a month ago, so I don't expect to get it from Van Specialties, Portland OR, until next Spring. They converted a 4x4 Sprinter for me back in 2015/16 and they do good work. They made a convertible camper/8 passenger van but I'm getting too old LAZY to be installing/uninstalling seats and I don't need 4x4 so we're going to get a dedicated RV. If we need to haul people we'll lease a minivan.

If you go with a custom converter look at their work because that's what you'll get. If you want anything different make sure you list it as a requirement. They are not mind readers they don't know your expectations unless you list everything as a requirement....AND DON'T RUSH THEM...They are human and will make mistakes if rushed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg seat.jpg (370.7 KB, 23 views)
Old 11-20-2018, 05:46 AM   #47
Gold Member

#SorryNotSorry. but I'm still onboard with the simplest of composting toilets and some shavings/sawdust. I've been using a Luggable Loo and shavings for a year and a half and it is so easy. No smell, easy to dump out, or bury and then clean. Its the easiest $12 toilet you can use. I feel good not wasting any water on my poo. And I feel good putting it all back into the earth (responsibly and legally, of course). #KeepingItSimple. And as we are starting the new buildout on my new van (The 2017 Sportsmobile is for sale, for ethical reasons... Read: Sportsmobile West are a bunch of homophobic *sshats). So yeah, the brand new van that will be done in a few weeks is also getting the Luggable Loo treatment
VocalVirgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 11:15 PM   #48
jon
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VocalVirgo View Post
#SorryNotSorry. but I'm still onboard with the simplest of composting toilets and some shavings/sawdust. I've been using a Luggable Loo and shavings for a year and a half and it is so easy. No smell, easy to dump out, or bury and then clean. Its the easiest $12 toilet you can use. I feel good not wasting any water on my poo. And I feel good putting it all back into the earth (responsibly and legally, of course). #KeepingItSimple. And as we are starting the new buildout on my new van (The 2017 Sportsmobile is for sale, for ethical reasons... Read: Sportsmobile West are a bunch of homophobic *sshats). So yeah, the brand new van that will be done in a few weeks is also getting the Luggable Loo treatment
To each his own. I'm having a 10 gallon black tank installed that I'll empty into my sewer clean out next to my driveway. No more lugging the cassette to the bathroom.
Old 11-21-2018, 01:50 AM   #49
Silver Member

Default This again. Sorry - Cassette or Black Tank

I thought about a compost toilet for about 1 second:
Only because of the option to merge existing black and gray for larger gray!

Then this convinced me, Thank God I never went down that path!

https://youtu.be/vM71d8wMuUU

Besides every rest area in my home state has free dump stations.

No thanks I’ll stay traditional black tank!
EnduroRdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 09:08 PM   #50
afb

It seems that a bucket toilet has several advantages over the composting toilet: no need for urine diversion, no venting, no possibility of bugs, zero odor. And with the bag method, no cleanup.

Please keep us posted on your real world experience using it.
afb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 02:30 AM   #51
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnduroRdr View Post
I thought about a compost toilet for about 1 second:
Only because of the option to merge existing black and gray for larger gray!

Then this convinced me, Thank God I never went down that path!

https://youtu.be/vM71d8wMuUU

Besides every rest area in my home state has free dump stations.

No thanks I’ll stay traditional black tank!
Amen!

Every time I see a video on a composting or cassette toilet (even those posted by folks that say they love them) I just can't get over all the inconvenience and visions of the yuckiness. To me, a black tank is simply an easy pull on a second valve while I'm already at the dump site.

Now, if someone comes up with magic "never-dump" gray and black tanks, I'll be the first to sign up.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 11:41 AM   #52
Platinum Member

Funny how people can think so differently. I empty and toss a bag of fresh pee every morning. The thought of carrying the stuff around for days turns my stomach.

Build Site: msnomersvan.wordpress.com
Travel Site: woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com
MsNomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 09:48 PM   #53
Platinum Member

You're exactly right, it's a personal choice. And boy, how reasonable people can see it differently. Ain't freedom grand!

At least this is much more civil that nearly any gas vs. diesel thread. Now them's fightin' words.
Old 12-09-2018, 10:54 PM   #54
Platinum Member

Default Wedgy

Indeed, style of an RV toilet system is like a political wedge in our B-class world, you either with me or against me, you either my comrade or adversary, my wright way and your wrong way, I can’t understand your way of thinking even though I think you are reasonable. Great that a toilet paper versus a cabbage leaf or corncob are not discussed.

For me it is interesting that a bidet wash, great for personal hygiene never got popular in NA. But if it did it could become a nasty political wedgy, political parties could be formed like BB and BNB, Bidet Believers and Bidet Non-Believers. Recently, I noticed that a bidet like toilette seats are gaining popularity, perhaps the Camping World will sell them soon.
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 01:16 AM   #55
Platinum Member

Anybody's thoughts on pottys that don't agree with mine, are not worth the toilet paper they are written on.
Old 12-10-2018, 02:56 AM   #56
Platinum Member

Default Appropriate use

I don’t mind the disagreeable notes on toilet paper but used them appropriately.
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 03:02 AM   #57
jon
Platinum Member

I don't need no paper...I'll install a new (washlet) seat with a extra 25gall water tank.