Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2021, 10:46 AM   #81
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumkin View Post
There seems to be nothing on the net as yet. The Thor websites have only the Sequence and Tellaro which are both near 21 feet. I checked this dealer's website and they don't have it on their website either.

The only model that I know of that is 17'9" is the Pleasureway Tofino, which has a pop top, but no bathroom.

If it's so exclusive to that dealer, I would suggest that you go back and get him to show it to you. We would be curious to see photos. I highly doubt that Thor is making any model that is "exclusive" to one obscure CA dealer. And I am pretty sure that they have nothing to do with La Mesa. (not mentioned in either their website info or La Mesa's locations on their website) This makes me a bit leery of this dealer's honesty.

Go look at all the different van campers. Of course, dealer lots are very empty right now, so it is hard to even find some to look at.
Just FYI, The Sequence and Tellaro are just shy of 22'. they're based on the 3500, 159" EXT chassis. Plus the bike rack on the back.
VocalVirgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 11:44 AM   #82
Silver Member

Alice, the Solis now has a non pop top Class B van. You should check it out. They also came out with a new interior design van called "The Pocket" However there is no bathroom but I do believe it has a toilet. Best of everything in your search.
pacificstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 10:17 PM   #83

Default Winnebago Pocket only has a portapotty

It's also rather inconveniently located under the sofa. I am thinking maybe I will get a Maverick Pickup (40 mpg) and get a pop-op camper shell. Hopefully they'll make one for the short bed, one like the Phoenix with with a cassette toilet and a shower. That way I can seat 5, buy plywood AND go camping.
AliceRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 10:56 PM   #84
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceRV View Post
It's also rather inconveniently located under the sofa. I am thinking maybe I will get a Maverick Pickup (40 mpg) and get a pop-op camper shell. Hopefully they'll make one for the short bed, one like the Phoenix with with a cassette toilet and a shower. That way I can seat 5, buy plywood AND go camping.
It would be nice setup but new small Ford's bed is only 54" in length. If small Fords will become popular someone will come up with a nice pop-up camper. Seems as trucks are getting smaller these days, perhaps we will see in the future another VW Rabbit diesel pickup trucks.
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 03:06 AM   #85
Platinum Member

My 2003 Subaru Baja pickup based on the Outback at the time has a 48” bed. The Ford Maverick and the Hyundai Santa Cruz are aiming for about the Baja size. One thing neither does is put the back passenger seat down and open a hatch in the truck bed front wall so you could sleep in a full length bed or what it was aimed to do, carry 8 foot 2x4s.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 04:35 PM   #86
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeRa View Post
It would be nice setup but new small Ford's bed is only 54" in length. If small Fords will become popular someone will come up with a nice pop-up camper. Seems as trucks are getting smaller these days, perhaps we will see in the future another VW Rabbit diesel pickup trucks.
There will never be another VW or Audi diesel in the US. After Dieselgare, they said they were done. It's been 6 years, they have moved on. They are building electric now.
I had 2 VW diesels, and they were both incredible. Sadly, the 2nd one was a Dieselgate and I took the buyback offer. It was fast, amazing on fuel and a 6MT. Best car I'd ever owned- and I'm picky.
Old 07-08-2021, 10:19 PM   #87

Hi everyone,

I currently have a 2022 Thor Rize 18m on hold with La Mesa RV — out the door $85,000. (MSRP is $85k with La Mesa RV’s price at about $78k)

Does anyone have any insight into what pricing would look like after this covid ridiculousness dies down?

85k is great for a new class B (even if it is Thor) but I fear when all this is over that people will be walking out with these for $75k next year.

Anyone buy a new Axion years ago have insight? What did you pay? One buyer here said they paid $70k out the door!! That’s like $60k price.
Lokirms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 02:33 AM   #88
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokirms View Post
Does anyone have any insight into what pricing would look like after this covid ridiculousness dies down?
Any number given by any of us here is pure speculation. My wild guess is that after the dust settles we will be back at a more normal 15-18% of MSRP for the most reputable manufacturers... and up to even 25% off those like Winnebago and Thor.

When will that be? 6 months? a year?

The big question is... how long do you want to wait?
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 06:37 AM   #89
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokirms View Post
Hi everyone,

I currently have a 2022 Thor Rize 18m on hold with La Mesa RV — out the door $85,000. (MSRP is $85k with La Mesa RV’s price at about $78k)

85k is great for a new class B (even if it is Thor) but I fear when all this is over that people will be walking out with these for $75k next year.

Anyone buy a new Axion years ago have insight? What did you pay? One buyer here said they paid $70k out the door!! That’s like $60k price.

I just saw the Rize (2022] 18M on RV Trader for $79,000. That, in my book, means $75,000. I was torn between the Rize and the Sequence… they are so similar but obviously one in bigger with more storage. But The Rize now has 2 batteries like the Sequence 20K- and that’s a good thing. The 12V refrigerators are hungry, even the good sized one in the Rize. (The Sequence 20K has a huge 2 door fridge/freezer). The Rize has less freshwater capacity but you can also gravity fill from OUTSIDE. Having the gravity fill on the inside of the Sequence/Tellaro is pretty dumb. Most other things are the same, minus the flip-up desk in the Rize and about 4’ of extra living space and storage. Oh, and the Rize comes with a cassette toilet. That’s good. It however does not have a fan in the main living area, just the small exhaust fan in the bathroom. The Rize is like a much better, much updated Axion (in every way).
If I could change 3 things about my Sequence it would be the Gravity fill location, having a cassette toilet instead of a black tank to deal with, and having the truma-combi system inside the cabinet in the Sequences is also dumb. If they can put it above the BMPro in the Rize, why couldn’t they do it in the Sequence/Tellaro? So, those are my 3 dislikes.
With that said, I bought my 2022 Sequence 20K for $83K before CA taxes. No PDI, no extra anything.
So, I feel that $75K for the Rize is very fair and since you get a little more of everything with the larger Sequence, $83-84K is fair on the Sequence and Tellaro.
Old 07-10-2021, 04:34 AM   #90

Best I could get was 77k for 18m. Covid demand. For me, parking anywhere was key, some stealth, solo traveler, need possible remote work setup, craved the open layout up front, needed a wet bath. Nothing touches this right now new in 18' or less class b. Will consider trying another solar panel, upgrading inverter and batts after warranty period. Hoping for no quality issues. Thor doesn't have the best rep. For that. Also getting from La Mesa in next few weeks out of Florida.
Rich B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 12:35 PM   #91
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich B View Post
Hoping for no quality issues. Thor doesn't have the best rep. For that. Also getting from La Mesa in next few weeks out of Florida.
A bit of understatement. LOL Between Thor and La Mesa, not sure which has the worse reputation for service and after purchase care.

You will have to keep us informed.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
Old 07-11-2021, 05:21 AM   #92

Will do. La Mesa is only game in town for the Rize 18m presently as far as I can tell. Going to do a multi hour inspection if all systems pre-purchase. Will not take it unless any issues are documented in contract with dates to repair. Will not lose leverage.
Old 07-11-2021, 01:22 PM   #93
Platinum Member

Quote:
Will do. La Mesa is only game in town for the Rize 18m presently as far as I can tell. Going to do a multi hour inspection if all systems pre-purchase. Will not take it unless any issues are documented in contract with dates to repair. Will not lose leverage.
La Mesa sales department is pretty good. Sales staff have to be more personable of course. (and they all excel at telling you what you want to hear... lol) Their real downfall is service. They are so big with so many different rigs that they sell that the department gets so bogged down and getting in for work can take forever and this is even if you bought from them. It moves to nightmare if for instance like me... Roadtrek warranty work. They carry Roadtrek, but for the traveler with a problem, they might fit you in two months from now.

The reality is once they have your money, you have lost your leverage. I try to do any work I want or need done with my dealer up in MN to avoid working with La Mesa down in AZ. One trick that they tried with me was that they did some warranty work on my 170, and then tried to charge me because they claimed it took them too long. (get a better staff?) I just took my phone and called Roadtrek and they told me to hand the phone to the guy... and I didn't pay. The issue for you is that Thor is notorious for not supporting their purchasers. The key is, of course as always, buyer beware and informed.

Good Luck... let's hope that the issues are few.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
Old 07-11-2021, 07:03 PM   #94
Platinum Member

Quote:
Will do. La Mesa is only game in town for the Rize 18m presently as far as I can tell.
Just a reminder that Thor's Scope 18M is the brand-mate twin for Rize 18M. Thor creates identical twin models so that dealers can advertise "exclusive" sales rights.

Shop for a Thor Scope 18M and you're getting the same unit as a Rize 18M. Only the decals (and sometimes trim colors) differ.

Thor Class B brand-mate twins:
Thor Rize = Scope
Thor Sequence = Tellaro
Thor Sanctuary = Tranquility
(B+) Thor Compass = Gemini
rockymtnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 07:10 AM   #95
Gold Member

If anyone wants a flip-up desktop for the swivel passenger seat in a Scope or a Rize, because those models do not come with the flip-up desktops… I have a brand new one. Mine came with one that was completely the wrong color, strangely enough, but Thor got right on it and sent me a new one that was the right color. So now I have the original, which is brand new and unused and if somebody in one of the other models would like to have it… Please let me know.
Old 08-03-2021, 09:36 AM   #96

Hey bud, what's the color and your location. Could you share a pic, manufacturer? Thanks! Got my Rize 18m this week
Old 08-09-2021, 05:44 PM   #97
Gold Member

Quote:
Hey bud, what's the color and your location. Could you share a pic, manufacturer? Thanks! Got my Rize 18m this week
The flip out desk is like a light pewter/gray/bluish color. It’s very very pretty, but I have a beige and terrier so it does not match. I don’t know how much someone else would care about it, but I cared enough to contact Thor and they immediately shipped me out a complete desk, in white. I am in the northern California bay area.
Old 08-10-2021, 03:13 PM   #98

Default Scope owner

It’s a great size. Easy to park
Maxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 08:18 PM   #99
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VocalVirgo View Post
If anyone wants a flip-up desktop for the swivel passenger seat in a Scope or a Rize, because those models do not come with the flip-up desktops… I have a brand new one. Mine came with one that was completely the wrong color, strangely enough, but Thor got right on it and sent me a new one that was the right color. So now I have the original, which is brand new and unused and if somebody in one of the other models would like to have it… Please let me know.
Re: the flip-up table, do you have photos? Possibly interested in Massachusetts.
JeanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 09:04 PM   #100

I will take it. Thanks
Maxl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
thor rize recvan