Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-30-2021, 04:12 PM   #1

Default Thor Tellaro 20KT

I am a new RV-er and I've been researching class Bs for about a year. I like the floorplan of the Thor Tellaro 20KT built on the Ram ProMaster. Current owners, any suggestions/comments? Thanks!
Lakewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 04:44 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Hi and Welcome

The largest determiner for us was the sense of "space"-

I watched how the (often large) sales people move around an RV interiors in youtube videos

We went and saw about 30 different RV's and made notes on which aspects def didn't work ( sideways sleepers, "too much" overhanging cabinetry) and which features we did want

From each we learned something- we looked at vans which we were sure weren't for us- yet learned something

in the end we found a used van which ticked all the boxes & was about 1/2 our budget.

Our research allowed us to recognise the right van and save a bundle.

Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 07:54 PM   #3

Check out the coachman Nova models if you haven’t . Built on the same Promaster chassis, much better build quality.
Layton100@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 01:08 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Also might be wise to check out the Travato K, which is the original floorplan these two others copied.
In my opinion, probably the best quality of the three; but you know what they say about opinions. Best to shop all your options.

The Entegra Ethos also had some nice things said about it (but I've never even SEEN one of those).
Scottbaldassari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 05:37 PM   #5
Gold Member

We sat in one for awhile cooling off at the 2020 Tampa show. The sofa was comfy enough to sit on but I can't vouch for sleeping. If you have not already done so check out the Thor Sequence & Tellaro Owners & Wannabees page, which has lots of helpful commenters.

Thor was been a bit iffy on build quality - some are fine while others have an array of problems. The fixtures are definitely built for a low price point. But that front sofa/rear bath setup is a pretty uncommon layout so if you really like it there are not many alternatives. Embassy RV Traveler Sport (Transit) comes to mind, but I think they are build to order. But in this market Thor might be as well, so maybe Embassy is worth a call.
Old 03-05-2021, 10:10 PM   #6

I recent purchased one ... yes small fit and fitment issues but nothing I can not take care of. so far, I am liking my purchase and with an out the door price of just $85K ... I am pretty happy.
RSKDSK is offline   Reply With Quote