Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2021, 01:05 PM   #21
Bronze Member

Default Roadtrek winterizing

.....Wow!..a lot of info out there, Thanks!...Since my Roadtrek is going to be outside for so long without being used, I'm going to charge the battery and then pull it out and store it in my basement. Oil/filter has been changed and it's winterized, all hinges, joints have been lubed so hopefully I've done everything right and we can enjoy our camper again without much worry.
HappyCamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 01:55 PM   #22
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCamper1 View Post
.....Wow!..a lot of info out there, Thanks!...Since my Roadtrek is going to be outside for so long without being used, I'm going to charge the battery and then pull it out and store it in my basement. Oil/filter has been changed and it's winterized, all hinges, joints have been lubed so hopefully I've done everything right and we can enjoy our camper again without much worry.
What about the house batteries? Are you pulling them, too? Make sure to protect against insect and rodent infestation. Not sure what’s needed in your area.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 06:25 PM   #23
Bronze Member

Default Roadtrek winterizing

.....with solar panels I didn't think I had to. RV will be sitting on a gravel driveway, using mothballs inside for an option to keep them out??...
HappyCamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 07:05 PM   #24
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCamper1 View Post
.....with solar panels I didn't think I had to. RV will be sitting on a gravel driveway, using mothballs inside for an option to keep them out??...
That’s right… assuming you keep them clear most of the time.

I’ve heard mixed reviews of using repellents inside vehicles. My approach has consisted of minimizing entry points, removing anything that could smell of food and anything that could be used as nesting material, keeping the ground around the vehicle open and clear (no hiding places), and placing bait boxes outside near the vehicle. The last is controversial, because it is poison. We were having severe enough mouse problems with all our vehicles a few years ago that I overcame my scruples.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 04:30 PM   #25
Bronze Member

I kept my Roadtrek Zion in outside storage with no access to 110 AC power for the past five winters. In frigid Canada. Never a problem with starter battery or AGM house battery.

Xantrex Echo Charge keeps the starter battery charged via the house battery which is charged by solar. I remotely monitor starter battery voltage with Drone Mobile. If it’s not charging, I know the panels are covered with snow and I start the engine remotely with Drone, it runs for 15 minutes. In very cold weather I’ll start it once a day, until it starts charging again via solar/AGM house battery. I don’t let the starter battery go below 12v.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkbL9vqmMFTohakMhLN8y4f66cbfeQ
Buford Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote