Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2020, 11:26 AM   #1

Default Tires for a 2016 Pleasure Way Ascent

We need to replace the tires on our 2016 Pleasure Way Ascent. Original tires are Kumho Road Venture APT/M. These tires seem pretty good in terms of balancing, handling and ride. The Kumho brand has replaced these with the Crugen HT51 model.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to which tires I should be putting on? Looks like Mercedes is now installing Michelin Agiles Crossclimate?

Keys are 100% balanced, good handling and quiet.

Thanks.
ianevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 03:18 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Welcome to the Forums

I'm happy with the Agilis on my Chev van.

I've posted a searchable review/ impressions ( although pricing will be different for you)

Check load range/index sufficient

VERY good in standing water- stable
Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 06:34 PM   #3

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply. When you say "searchable review", how do I access that?

Ian
ianevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 06:48 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianevans View Post
We need to replace the tires on our 2016 Pleasure Way Ascent. Original tires are Kumho Road Venture APT/M. These tires seem pretty good in terms of balancing, handling and ride. The Kumho brand has replaced these with the Crugen HT51 model.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to which tires I should be putting on? Looks like Mercedes is now installing Michelin Agiles Crossclimate?

Keys are 100% balanced, good handling and quiet.

Thanks.
My rig is a 2005 Roadtrek 190, weighing around 9400 lbs, just put Yokohama Geolanders on board, 10 ply, E Rated

My rims are not standard - instead they were for 2 years, cloaked with Goodyear Wrangler AT/S LT 275 65 R18 tires.

Before that I had the same Yokohama Geolanders on the OEM Size 16 Rims.

Very happy with the Yokohama tires, disappointed in the Goodyears.
Full Timer in a 2005 Roadtrek Versatile 190/Super Modified & Lifted, Two 220ah Lifeline 6 Volt AGMs in Series, 250 watts Solar, Victron BMV712 Meter & Victron MTTP 100V/30A Solar Controller, Magnum MMS1012 Inverter Charger, Onan 2.8 Generator, Novakool R3800 Fridge & more ...
themexicandoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 06:52 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Hi Mike,

Ian
click on "Search" up above

you can then enter text in the search window or scroll down and click on "advanced search" which opens a new page

and you can enter "tires" ....and then you can add a search by user- enter "mkguitar"

and you'll see posts or threads where I write about tires

these forums have robust search functions

I don't make a direct recommendation as I have a Chev. different size- the agilis crossclimate series are said to be good in the snow...
I'll never know...I don't even own lock deicer or a windshield brush

Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 09:20 PM   #6
Platinum Member

When we bought our Sprinter new in 2017, we immediately dumped the stock tires and switched to Michelin Defender LTX M/S tires. Our Freightliner dealer even encouraged us by giving us a $100 tire credit on the Kumho tires that were standard at the time. As I recall, the Michelin tires have a 70,000 mile warranty. We had no interest in driving a very heavy van on back country roads without the best tires I could find. The tires have been perfect for us.
jrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 09:23 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobe View Post
When we bought our Sprinter new in 2017, we immediately dumped the stock tires and switched to Michelin Defender LTX M/S tires. Our Freightliner dealer even encouraged us by giving us a $100 tire credit on the Kumho tires that were standard at the time. As I recall, the Michelin tires have a 70,000 mile warranty. We had no interest in driving a very heavy van on back country roads without the best tires I could find. The tires have been perfect for us.
The Defenders were discontinued a little over a year ago. The Agilis seems to be Michelin's closest replacement. I got one of the last sets of Defenders in May 2019. And yes, they are good, but the Agilis' tires have a similar good rating.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 06:28 PM   #8

We have Michelin Defender LTX M/S on our 2016 PW Ascent and these provide great stability, traction, and low road noise - highly recommend them! These are still available on TireRack, so I don't think they are discontinued.
atlebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 02:05 PM   #9
Platinum Member

Quote:
Hi Mike,

Ian
www.tirerack.com/tires/reviews has a excellent review section. But you do not need to purchase your tires from them!!! You can buy them where ever you want to. Check around for the best price, as they are a very expensive purchase. And ask around for suggestions as to who is good to deal with customer service wise!!! Lowest price is not always the best deal if something goes wrong with the tire!!
wny-pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 03:01 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmm@atlanticbb.net View Post
www.tirerack.com/tires/reviews has a excellent review section. But you do not need to purchase your tires from them!!! You can buy them where ever you want to. Check around for the best price, as they are a very expensive purchase. And ask around for suggestions as to who is good to deal with customer service wise!!! Lowest price is not always the best deal if something goes wrong with the tire!!
I've purchased many sets of mostly Michelin and tires from TireRack and drop-shipped them to my local shop for installation. I've had a couple of times tires were punctured while driving and their warranty came through each time.
atlebj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2016, ascent, pleasure way, tires