Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2021, 03:09 PM   #1

Default Toilet problem

Hi every one. First sorry for my bad english I'm french from Québec, Canada
Here is m'y problem : on Carado banff 2018 ; when I flush toilet the water coming from multiple holes all around the toilet bowl do not stop coming so the bowl slowly fill itself and you can imagine the drama coming up.

The only temporary solution I found is to cut city water and operate with inner fresh tank and water pump.
Please help me find à solution, I am now in British Colombia, Canada, Halifax of my 42 days road trip across Canada.
Tank you all
François
fpoliquin15@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 04:23 PM   #2
Platinum Member

If it works OK with the water pump but not when connected to an outside water source then it could be that the outside water source pressure is too high. Using a portable water pressure regulator outside might solve it.

If the bowl filling continues whenever the water pump is on then it could be a failed flush inlet valve. You should be able to find a parts diagram for your particular toilet model.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 09:12 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Never use city water hook up. Anyone who tells you different hould pay for your repairs...
ChicagoTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 10:03 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoTom View Post
Never use city water hook up. Anyone who tells you different hould pay for your repairs...
Strong opinion, a lot of folks use shore water connection and don’t need repairs. Certainly, using pressure regulator to prevent pressure surges will help like for example this - https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Pressur...70646123&psc=1 I have built in pressure regulator set for low pressure and use shore connection for tank fill.
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 11:53 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
You will have to explain because that is the only way I fill my fresh water tank for some 16 years over four RVs. On my current van the hose has a quick connect attachment. Also the line is regulated and automatically stops when the tank is full. That’s also the way I keep connected for an unlimited supply of water for the few extended stays we have done.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 12:11 AM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
You will have to explain because that is the only way I fill my fresh water tank for some 16 years over four RVs. On my current van the hose has a quick connect attachment. Also the line is regulated and automatically stops when the tank is full. That’s also the way I keep connected for an unlimited supply of water for the few extended stays we have done.
So you fill the tank, then you're not using the city water connection? Very confusing what you wrote. I would say the vast majority of Class B RVers simply fill the tank as needed. 1-It keeps the fresh water fresh 2-When I want to use the RV to run into town or whatever, I simply unplug the electric and go. 3-Regulators fail 4-If you spring a leak while out, you can kiss your RV goodbye, unless you shut the valve off each time. I simply press the pump button. 5-If it springs a leak while sleeping, enjoy your new river view. 6-Several people report leaking due to the one-way check valve. Bottom line, do what you want, but I see absolutely no advantage to hooking up the city water and I'm not alone. Unless filling it every 3-4 days is a big deal. How much water can you possibly be using?
Old 10-08-2021, 12:14 AM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeRa View Post
Strong opinion, a lot of folks use shore water connection and don’t need repairs. Certainly, using pressure regulator to prevent pressure surges will help like for example this - https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Pressur...70646123&psc=1 I have built in pressure regulator set for low pressure and use shore connection for tank fill.
I'm well aware of the regulator. Keep going that route and someday post when you do have an issue. Enogh said!
Old 10-08-2021, 03:09 AM   #8
Platinum Member

Quote:
I'm well aware of the regulator. Keep going that route and someday post when you do have an issue. Enogh said!
Let it be, enough said.
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 10:13 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by markopolo View Post
If it works OK with the water pump but not when connected to an outside water source then it could be that the outside water source pressure is too high. Using a portable water pressure regulator outside might solve it.

If the bowl filling continues whenever the water pump is on then it could be a failed flush inlet valve. You should be able to find a parts diagram for your particular toilet model.
When i bought my 2019 carado BNFF the technician told me i do not need a water regulator; that it had one built in?
mrlynch1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 10:16 PM   #10

Quote:
So you fill the tank, then you're not using the city water connection? Very confusing what you wrote. I would say the vast majority of Class B RVers simply fill the tank as needed. 1-It keeps the fresh water fresh 2-When I want to use the RV to run into town or whatever, I simply unplug the electric and go. 3-Regulators fail 4-If you spring a leak while out, you can kiss your RV goodbye, unless you shut the valve off each time. I simply press the pump button. 5-If it springs a leak while sleeping, enjoy your new river view. 6-Several people report leaking due to the one-way check valve. Bottom line, do what you want, but I see absolutely no advantage to hooking up the city water and I'm not alone. Unless filling it every 3-4 days is a big deal. How much water can you possibly be using?
I must be unusual b/c I'm on my 4th RV over 16 years and have never used the fresh water tank, ever; nor the pump. I've only used city water in campgrounds. Yes, there might be a leak. Could turn off the water when leaving the RV I suppose.
mrlynch1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 10:23 PM   #11
Platinum Member

There are a ton of potential leaks in a house, but you rarely hear of anyone disconnecting their city water and running off a manually filled tank and pump. (some do you selective location leak detectors). We rarely hook up to city water, but it is very handy when we do, which is usually also in a place with site sewer connection. Very easy to flush the tanks before going on longer or home. I doesn't particularly scare me.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 12:23 PM   #12
Platinum Member

We are in the run from the tank camp. In the very few situations that we stay at a site with water we still run off of the tank. What with the rolling earthquake that a motorhome is one just never knows when/if a plumbing leak could occur in a 20+ year old coach. If running off of the tank and a slow leak happens the pump running once in a while will give you notice that something is wrong. If it's a big leak it will only empty out the tank instead of running until detected, which could be hours if you are away from the coach.

Also, as our waste tanks fill in proportion to the fresh tank emptying it helps us keep track of the waste tanks filling as we still use the erratic factory level sensors.

We do use our fresh water tank for consumable water unless we take on some bad tasting water(the free city water in Granby, CO comes to mind) so it's nice for us to use the fresh tank on an ongoing basis.
Just for fun:'15 Kawasaki Versys650LT
Perfection is a fantasy, though improvement is possible(Wifey).
SteveJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 04:23 PM   #13
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpoliquin15@gmail.com View Post
Hi every one. First sorry for my bad english I'm french from Québec, Canada
Here is m'y problem : on Carado banff 2018 ; when I flush toilet the water coming from multiple holes all around the toilet bowl do not stop coming so the bowl slowly fill itself and you can imagine the drama coming up.

The only temporary solution I found is to cut city water and operate with inner fresh tank and water pump.
Please help me find à solution, I am now in British Colombia, Canada, Halifax of my 42 days road trip across Canada.
Tank you all
François
Hi, there, pressure regulator on city water inlet, should sove the problem. https://www.amazon.ca/Camco-40055-X-...372425385&th=1
Blueboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote