Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2020, 08:03 PM   #1
Gold Member

Default Travato 59K Truma water heater issue

Hello Travato owners. I am not sure this applies to the 59G or maybe other Winnie Class B's with the newer Truma units. I recently had an electrical issue with my Truma hot water heater. The unit worked well and then the Triangle flashed when I started the hot water heater. after plugging into a new camp ground 30 amp. IT blew something. It had a code W-45-H, but the books and on line were very unclear as what to do. I called my dealer and they said Fuse. I replaced the fuse, and reset the breaker. Even reset the the Coach switch. Nothing. Then I wrote to Winnie Customer Support and those folks really helped. They told me where the Truma unit was a couple of ideas and to be careful. I went under the drivers side bed on the K model and I did not see any reset on the unit liked they showed in some of the diagrams. I followed the power wire to a plug that was in a receptacle box bolted to the floor (stand alone). I noticed a small red light and a reset button on the box plug. I pushed it and guess what. Yes everything worked fine again. This was just like a GFI plug in your bathroom. For those having issues always check on Youtube but also write to Winnie Customer Support. It may save you a trip back to the dealer or repair place. Dodged that bullet as my new RV goes off warranty this month. LOL I hope this helps someone down the line. Be persistent to find the cause.
Beachlife is offline   Reply With Quote