Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2016, 04:04 PM   #41
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanw909 View Post
I just went to the Pomona rv show and was surprised that the Lexor had such a tiny fridge. Consider that in your choice.
Compared with a K? It says 5cf on the website. 59K's is - IIRCC - a NovaKool 4500 which 4.3cf.

But it is a compressor fridge not a 3 way like the Lexor. My preference would be the compressor fridge.
Old 10-18-2016, 06:54 PM   #42
Platinum Member

Do you think WBO tries to do you a favor to minimize your license fee, by minimizing it's reported "base msrp" to MI? Nah...probably not.... But the "base price" on the WBO options doc for a later 2016 59K is 89,516.00, pretty far from almost 70k. Maybe the MI number is the number they use to report profit to their stockholders, too? Thanks for the insight.
Saldar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 08:41 PM   #43
Bronze Member

I'd sure be interested in any other MI owners stated plate fee category on their MI vehicle title. Or, other states that calculate a plate in the same manner.
It might just be what the dealer states the plate fee category to be, and may reflect what one actually paid for their Travato.
It's still a mystery what the real cost of one of these is. Well guarded secret for sure. And easy to do without the Monroney label.
Gobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 02:36 PM   #44

Please help. I am caught between the same choices.
Zion, Lexie tx and Travato 59k. What did you choose and why? Thank you very much. Joan
Joan Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 02:56 PM   #45
BBQ
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan Good View Post
Please help. I am caught between the same choices.
Zion, Lexie tx and Travato 59k. What did you choose and why? Thank you very much. Joan
The questions are...

Why do you need an RV?

What are your travel plans?

They are quite different machines; you can dress up the Zion with hi-techs to over $100k.

BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 04:20 PM   #46
Silver Member

The Zion and the Lexor are similiar floorplans where the couch in back folds into a bed. THe Travato 59K has beds that stay all the time. Do you need day space for sitting with setting up a bed every night? Do you want a permanent bed? That to me would be the main difference in those 3. Zion has the hi tech stuff, Pleasure Way the nice wood work and interior finish, Travato a different floorplan.
1997 Country Coach Intrigue #10468 "Mister Motorhome"
Firesteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 05:12 PM   #47
Silver Member

I have been looking at the same units. Roadtrek and Pleasure Way both offer longer warranties than Winnebago. Both Road Trek and Pleasure Way seem like they have nicer finished interiors. What disturbs me about the Road Trek and Pleasure Way is their floor plans place a wall right behind the drivers seat, kind of restricting how far back you can slide the seat, a taller driver might be cramped, also. it kind of limits the usefullness of the swiveling drivers seat. The Travato K seems to have a more open and functional floorplan that allows you to make use of the swivel drivers seat. The Travato K also looks like it would be a little easier to work on and clean with the wet-bath being against the back doors. I am leaning towards a Travato K. I hope you get a lot of answers to your question, good luck.
Keep in mind that the Travato K only seats two with seat belts, the others have more seating.
fruch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 01:04 AM   #48

Default Also looking at T59K, Zion & Luxor

I am also really struggling with deciding between the WBO Travato 59K, Zion and Luxor. There seems to be a lot of issues with the super high tech stuff on the Roadtrek vehicles. Maybe not fully industrialized yet? I keep going back to the T59K, and it just feels so right, but ... only two seatbelts. That is just a killer for me. 59G is more practical, but don't care for the layout. feels really cramped. Zion looks pretty nice too, and I want to tick all the tech boxes on my order, but then I read about all the failures of the under hood generator, lithium batteries, etc. On paper, I want them, full stop. Just worried whether they're really as reliable as the tech on the Travato. I think with a few more solar panels (look super easy to add two more), I could easily live with the WBO battery system. Love the Truma Eco Plus system and compressor fridge. so... pretty happy. and the price! About 74k all day long here in the midwest. Then, back to "but it only carries two people". It's like a 9,000 pound miata.
What to do....
jimcalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 07:15 AM   #49
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcalf View Post
I keep going back to the T59K, and it just feels so right, but...
If it "feels right", it probably is. How often will you travel high speed with more passengers than you can sleep? Do you remember the days before seat belts? Have you ever seen a school bus? a public bus? An airport shuttle van?

Quote:
I read about all the failures of the under hood generator, lithium batteries, etc. On paper, I want them, full stop.
On paper we all WANT the latest tech; a more important question might be, what do you really NEED?

Quote:
Just worried whether they're really as reliable as the tech on the Travato. I think with a few more solar panels (look super easy to add two more), I could easily live with the WBO battery system. Love the Truma Eco Plus system and compressor fridge. so... pretty happy. and the price! About 74k all day long here in the midwest.
I own a Travato with one panel, I bought it thinking I would immediately add all the additional solar I could. I have owned it over a year and a half, and put 30,000 miles on it, and have not ONCE drawn the batteries down past 50%. I never needed the additional panels.... I have exactly .7 hours of actual use on the generator, we dry camp (no hook ups) virtually ALL the time. With the combined use of propane, solar, and the engines alternator, The "old tec", AC/DC, proven, Travato battery system is VERY capable. The generator makes it bulletproof.
Of course, everyone's "camping" style is different; if you MUST HAVE electric couches and cooktops, Keurig coffee makers, and constant coach Air Conditioning, you might find yourself running the generator once in awhile. But Don't be sold unproven expensive technology, that you don't really NEED.

Best of luck with whatever you decide.
Scottbaldassari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 12:22 PM   #50
BBQ
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottbaldassari View Post
On paper we all WANT the latest tech; a more important question might be, what do you really NEED?

I own a Travato with one panel, I bought it thinking I would immediately add all the additional solar I could. I have owned it over a year and a half, and put 30,000 miles on it, and have not ONCE drawn the batteries down past 50%. I never needed the additional panels.... I have exactly .7 hours of actual use on the generator, we dry camp (no hook ups) virtually ALL the time. With the combined use of propane, solar, and the engines alternator, The "old tec", AC/DC, proven, Travato battery system is VERY capable. The generator makes it bulletproof.
Of course, everyone's "camping" style is different; if you MUST HAVE electric couches and cooktops, Keurig coffee makers, and constant coach Air Conditioning, you might find yourself running the generator once in awhile. But Don't be sold unproven expensive technology, that you don't really NEED.

Best of luck with whatever you decide.
+1

+1

Old 09-01-2017, 12:35 PM   #51
Silver Member

+2

My use case is the same with 59G.

Energy is rarely an issue in 30k miles.

3 of us n the travato G for those miles, and the word cramped has not come up.

do not discount separate sleeping and hang out areas for more than 1 person.

When i am by myself i keep the be made and fold it out of the way.

disclaimer, we are small people. i'm 5'8"

Once you work out the bugs inherent to all motorhomes, these things are plenty reliable, easy to fix, and fairly cheap to own.

I like the simplicity of the Travato, and the fact that you can get any part from WGO.

The dealers are going to gouge you on parts and service as thats where they make their money, but the simplicity and overall build quality of a winnebago should limit your trips to the dealer.

If tech is your game, ARV is the only choice- fortunately or unfortunately. They have their act together.
riplips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 01:40 PM   #52
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by riplips View Post
+2

Energy is rarely an issue in 30k miles.
3 of us n the travato G for those miles, and the word cramped has not come up.
do not discount separate sleeping and hang out areas for more than 1 person.
Once you work out the bugs inherent to all motorhomes, these things are plenty reliable, easy to fix, and fairly cheap to own.
I like the simplicity of the Travato, and the fact that you can get any part from WGO.
The dealers are going to gouge you on parts and service as thats where they make their money, but the simplicity and overall build quality of a winnebago should limit your trips to the dealer.
If tech is your game, ARV is the only choice- fortunately or unfortunately. They have their act together.
Very well said.
The 6 year warranty is another point of contention for me. Of course it sounds nice to have the security of coverage for 6 years; but personally, I don't WANT to be forced into the inconvenience of dealing with only my dealer - and even better - I don't want to have so little confidence in my rig that I NEED 6 years worth of coverage. Anyone with ANY RV can buy warranty coverage; I have enough faith in my rig that I haven't bothered.
I can't speak to the "quality build" of roadtrek. I owned a Sportsmobile, and think it was very similar in "build quality" to the Winnebago. My observation, is all three are built similarly, though possibly with different materials and finishes here and there. Most of them use a lot of the same components also, (which is a HUGE part of the "build"). That said, I CAN read the forums, Roadtrek has made a lot of happy customers over the years, but the problems with the current electrical systems are overwhelming. None of them are perfect, but that alone (and the floorplan of course), made me look the other way.
Scottbaldassari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 02:10 PM   #53
BBQ
Platinum Member

Quote:
I am also really struggling with deciding between the WBO Travato 59K, Zion and Luxor. There seems to be a lot of issues with the super high tech stuff on the Roadtrek vehicles. Maybe not fully industrialized yet? I keep going back to the T59K, and it just feels so right, but ... only two seatbelts. That is just a killer for me. 59G is more practical, but don't care for the layout. feels really cramped. Zion looks pretty nice too, and I want to tick all the tech boxes on my order, but then I read about all the failures of the under hood generator, lithium batteries, etc. On paper, I want them, full stop. Just worried whether they're really as reliable as the tech on the Travato. I think with a few more solar panels (look super easy to add two more), I could easily live with the WBO battery system. Love the Truma Eco Plus system and compressor fridge. so... pretty happy. and the price! About 74k all day long here in the midwest. Then, back to "but it only carries two people". It's like a 9,000 pound miata.
What to do....

All Class B are cramped.

It is a van. There's no two ways about it.
You spent most of the time outside anyway.
When it rains, you will soon find what coziness means.

If you need more than 2 seat belts, the K is out.

Bear in mind, the seats in the far back are for short trips only (eg. grocery shopping). They are too uncomfortable for distance travels.