Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2015, 09:22 PM   #1

Default True price of Lexor and Travato 59K, and storage question

The MSRP of the 2016 Pleasure-way Lexor is 102k. Does anyone know what the "true" price is? What kind of discount can I expect off the MSRP?

Also, I think the video showed storage space underneath the passenger-side ottoman. Does anyone know if there's space under the driver-side ottoman, too?

The MSRP of the Travato 59K is listed on the website as 89k. Is this for 2016? (I thought I read somewhere that it's 98k for 2016, so didn't know if the website hasn't been updated yet.) What is the usual discount off of MSRP for Winnebago's class B's?

I'm trying to compare the two models, and the true cost of each. I hadn't considered the 59K until you guys told me about the openness of it, and now I think it may fit my needs, so it's on my list.

I appreciate your help, again!
MyJourneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 09:48 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Right now, advertised on RV Trader, here is the lowest prices I see:
Travato 59G 70,000
Travato 59K 75,000
Pleasure Way Lexor 83,000
Maybe a thousand or two either way, depending on options and what a dealer has in stock, but I'd say that's a pretty good guide.
Scottbaldassari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 12:48 PM   #3
Bronze Member

There is no space under the driver's side, it is filled with electronic stuff under a wooden cover.
Old 09-17-2015, 03:10 PM   #4
Platinum Member

With all the running changes in production, be cautious as to what you are getting - the 2015's, especially on the 59G are different. Also the 2016's are out, so the 2015's are getting discounted. The Lexor has a few nice changes for 2016, like the painted bumpers, which would be a valuable add.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 04:35 PM   #5

Thanks to everyone for their replies. Wincrasher, I've skimmed your blog for info on the Travato and noticed that you have a 59G, but your signature says you have a 59K on order. Would you mind sharing why you decided to switch?

I'm still trying to decide between the 59K, Lexor (Promaster), and it seems the Zion is a lot less expensive than both, now, so I'm wondering if I should reconsider that one. It doesn't seem nearly as open as the other two, though, and that's what was holding me back.
Old 09-17-2015, 04:46 PM   #6
Bronze Member

I'm still trying to decide between the 59K, Lexor (Promaster), and it seems the Zion is a lot less expensive than both, now, so I'm wondering if I should reconsider that one. It doesn't seem nearly as open as the other two, though, and that's what was holding me back.[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised that you can get a Zion for a lot less than a Travato. I found that RT doesn't discount as much as Winnebago, unless they are now making an effort to be more competitive now that there are big players in the game.
JKatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 04:51 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKatfish View Post
I'm surprised that you can get a Zion for a lot less than a Travato. I found that RT doesn't discount as much as Winnebago, unless they are now making an effort to be more competitive now that there are big players in the game.
JKatfish, I probably made an erroneous assumption. On the Roadtrek site, the Zion is listed at 87k, while the Travato 59K seemed to jump in price in 2016 (didn't someone say 98k, or is my memory faulty?).
Old 09-17-2015, 05:22 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyJourneys View Post
Thanks to everyone for their replies. Wincrasher, I've skimmed your blog for info on the Travato and noticed that you have a 59G, but your signature says you have a 59K on order. Would you mind sharing why you decided to switch?

I'm still trying to decide between the 59K, Lexor (Promaster), and it seems the Zion is a lot less expensive than both, now, so I'm wondering if I should reconsider that one. It doesn't seem nearly as open as the other two, though, and that's what was holding me back.
Good catch!

It's a long list. Not that I'm dissatisfied with the G - I could have just as easily have ordered a new G with the features I wanted.

Primarily, I went up to my dealer just to check them out. I was blown away by the spaciousness of the cabin. I like the clean design of the layout. I sat in it quite awhile to see how I'd use different things and where all my stuff would go. I think I can ditch my Stowaway2 box, as there is so much underbed storage and upper cabinets.

I like how there is no pump for the tanks or discharge. I like the larger bathroom with the wardrobe contained to that room. Love the drop-down sink and that it drains to the black tank. Love the bigger kitchen space and the fold-up tables.

The things I also wanted, that you can get with either floorplan - extra battery, integrated solar setup with easy expansion, black tank flush and of course the awesome Truma Combi system. Can't wait to get my hands on that!

I opted not to get the roof rack again. It's expensive, and frankly, pretty useless. I did get the bike rack, as it's awesome and useful.

Attached is a video by Lichtsinn - it's exactly like how I ordered except for the bike rack. All the finishes are the same.

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">
Old 09-17-2015, 05:33 PM   #9
Platinum Member

Quote:
JKatfish, I probably made an erroneous assumption. On the Roadtrek site, the Zion is listed at 87k, while the Travato 59K seemed to jump in price in 2016 (didn't someone say 98k, or is my memory faulty?).
They currently state "STARTING AT: $89,074"
Old 09-17-2015, 05:34 PM   #10
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKatfish View Post
I'm surprised that you can get a Zion for a lot less than a Travato. I found that RT doesn't discount as much as Winnebago, unless they are now making an effort to be more competitive now that there are big players in the game.[/QUOTE]

Think about what you looking at for prices - some will post discounted dealer pricing and some will post full MSRP.

To get to $98k on a Travato, it would have to be fully optioned out, including the deisel engine. Base price is $86900 on the K. Add your options to that - it's pretty easy to get into the low 90's. The discounts vary, but anywhere from 15-25% is typical depending on inventory. There are lots of leftover 2015's out there, so those probably will be priced more aggressively.

I've found Lexor and Zion to be pretty much even on discounted price. Expect it to be less than Winnebago - generally 10-15%.

So the hard part is finding units evenly equipped, negotiate your discounts and then compare. It's alot of work to get there.

I don't shop that way. I find what I like first, and then negotiate the best price from there. I may shop two dealers on the same thing. But I'm not picking one brand over the other on price. The products are different enough to distinguish which one would suit you best. If you first decide you want a Zion, then just concentrate on getting the best deal you can find on a Zion.

Good luck!
Old 09-17-2015, 07:19 PM   #11

Thanks again, everyone. It really helps to talk over pricing. I think I must have inverted the numbers for the 2016 Travato.

Wincrasher, I'm with you on the clean design of the 59K. I really like the old westy openness, and the 59K seems to have close to the same amount of open space (important for rainy days/bad weather).

The Lexor comes next (based on the pictures, have not been able to see one in person yet, has a better warranty, and (from my research) a better fit/finish/build quality. But I have to decide if all that is worth the extra price, when I think I'll like the open floor plan of the 59K more.

I think the next big RV show in the southeast that's likely to have a lot of B's is Tampa in January, right? If so, I plan to go to compare in person if I can find models to look at nearby before then.

Thanks for helping me narrow things down. All of you have been a big help.
Old 09-17-2015, 07:23 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Jeeper View Post
There is no space under the driver's side, it is filled with electronic stuff under a wooden cover.
TJ Jeeper, how do you like your Lexor? It was my first choice, but the Travato may be edging into 1st. Still thinking things through, though, and would love to hear your feedback.
Old 09-17-2015, 07:44 PM   #13

Just thought of some questions I have about the Travato 59K - I'm assuming the side windows slide and have screens built in. Can someone confirm that?

The gray tank is only 13 gallons, but I read somewhere that the bathroom sink empties into the black tank and only the shower and kitchen sink empty into the gray tank? Is that correct? 13 g is small, though.
Old 09-17-2015, 07:55 PM   #14
Platinum Member

Yep. You are correct on the windows and the tanks. To compare, on the G, the Black is 11 gallons and the Gray is 15 gallons. So since they route the bath sink into the larger black tank on the K, they may see the 13 gallon gray as equivalent in practical terms.

The best feature being is that both are gravity dump, unlike in the G.

The Lexor has gravity dump best I remember. Not sure on the Zion, but I think Roadtrek's standard is to use a macerator?
Old 09-17-2015, 09:30 PM   #15
Bronze Member

Zion has both gravity and macerator. It was one of the selling points for me.
sammie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 09:40 PM   #16
Platinum Member

I did see the Lexor at Hershey. First thing I noticed was that the passenger seat was swiveled around; driver seat base looked like it also swiveled. On the PS site they say no swivel, but I think that is the 2015, not the 2016. You might want to confirm that.
Old 09-17-2015, 11:53 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobB View Post
I did see the Lexor at Hershey. First thing I noticed was that the passenger seat was swiveled around; driver seat base looked like it also swiveled. On the PS site they say no swivel, but I think that is the 2015, not the 2016. You might want to confirm that.
Bob, what did you think about it? Did you also see the 59K? In your opinion, how do they compare in "openness" and quality of the finish? I so wish I could go to Hershey, but it didn't work out this year.
Old 09-18-2015, 12:09 AM   #18
Platinum Member

Earlier this year the Pleasureway rep told me that they were going to have the swivel seats for 2016. They didn't want to use an aftermarket part like Winnebago did and were waiting for them to be supplied by RAM. Also supposed to be available is the painted bumper covers.
Old 09-18-2015, 02:18 AM   #19
Platinum Member

In reference to swivels:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher View Post
Earlier this year the Pleasureway rep told me .... They didn't want to use an aftermarket part like Winnebago did.....
I don't know if it is "aftermarket" or not, but the swivel seats in the (Winnebago) Travato seem very much like OEM, the handle is built right into the plastic undercarriage of the seat, and they seem to function very well...

Wincrasher, you have a travato don't you?
Wouldn't that have to be an OEM swivel?
Scottbaldassari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 02:35 AM   #20
Platinum Member

Quote:
Bob, what did you think about it? Did you also see the 59K? In your opinion, how do they compare in "openness" and quality of the finish? I so wish I could go to Hershey, but it didn't work out this year.
The Lexor had the sofa/King option and mid-bath; the 59K is a twin with bath in rear. Very different feel re: openness. While neither floorplan is the one we want, the 59k feels more "open" width-wise with the large windows, but closed at rear due to rear bath. Lexor is open looking out rear, but feels more constricted in the middle with the mid-bath.

One thing to decide - twins or big king. The twins on the 59k with the Froli system, the tip-up section, are really comfortable

Different strokes for different folks. You really need to see both side by side and make up your own mind, before you even talk $. I see you are in the southeast. Look for a dealer that has both brands, take a trip and find out.

Wish I could be more helpful, but you really need to see them, sit in them (both in the driver's seat and in the back.