Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2015, 02:42 AM   #21
Platinum Member

. As long as you are comparing the Pleasureway and Travato. I think it's a little ticky tack but here is a sort of side by side comparo. Let's not mention the huge fridge on the Lexor ok?
stanw909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 02:55 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobB View Post
Different strokes for different folks. You really need to see both side by side and make up your own mind, before you even talk $. I see you are in the southeast. Look for a dealer that has both brands, take a trip and find out.

Wish I could be more helpful, but you really need to see them, sit in them (both in the driver's seat and in the back.
Thanks for sharing your perceptions. I hope a dealership near me will have at least one or the other for me to look at soon. (One having both may be too much to ask. They're definitely not plentiful in my area.)
MyJourneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 03:07 AM   #23

Stan, thanks for linking the comparison video. I hadn't found it in my searches!
MyJourneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 04:43 AM   #24
Platinum Member

93K+ MSRP. Litchsinn 73,300. RVdirect 70,300. Camping World $76,000
tbirdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 05:05 AM   #25
Bronze Member

Wincrasher, you had me second guessing myself after I read you are going from a G to a K. I have a G on order, but really liked all the upgrades and improvements to the K. You didn't mention the 2 way compressor fridge and convection microwave. And no pump for the shower. But after more thought, I can give up the openness of the K for the function of the G. I like the dinette, and the fact you can carry 2 extra passengers, or 2 dogs, in my case, with a window view. Or just sitting in the booth enjoying morning coffee. Even tho I will have a bike rack, it is nice to just toss 2 bikes in back for local rides along the coast and/or carry 2 more bikes on the rack, with 4 riders in the cabin. Or roll up a small motorcycle in the back for use on longer trips.
Tho the Murphy bed is tight for 2, maybe not even doable, there is the second bed conversion in the dinette, and room for a sleeping bag on the floor and room under the Murphy bed to sleep a grandchild. Probably never will need to do this, but just shows the versatility. This may be useful when tent camping and severe weather approaches.
In the end, it all depends on how you intend to use your coach. The K is great for 2 people, to travel in openness and sleeping comfort, but not quite have the versatility for me. The tanks on the G still empty (using a pump), shower still works (using a drain pump), don't plan to do any fancy cooking inside, but bbq outside. The compressor fridge may be an advantage of not needing to be level, but the 3 way in the G can use propane to save amps when boondocking. Is the extra storage in the K that significant? I must say, the extra windows and the twin beds are nice, but not crazy about the bath in back or the tray type tables.
Wish either one can fill all my needs, and like Wicrasher, be happy with either, but the G comes closest...for today!
JKatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 01:40 PM   #26
Bronze Member

MyJourneys,

We are completely happy with the Lexor. We did have a 2014 Travato 59G for about a year. It was a great vehicle except we discovered we did not like some of the features. Keep in mind everybody needs are different. We found it difficult to get out of the murphy bed. When camping in a state park (CA) generators could only be used from 10am to 8pm. There are no electrical hookups. So no hot water for a shower either in the morning or late at night. The dinette is not that great. When some problems occurred and had to take it to the dealer, it was a 1-1/2 hour drive one way. Something we didn't think of. There were some other little things we didn't like.

Yes we did look at the 59K and it has features we liked however there are twin beds, that won't work. We like to snuggle.

We sold the 59G and got the Lexor. Sure, it was alot more, but well worth it to have the features we wanted. We love the bed, hot water whenever we want it. The dealer is only 30 minutes away but have not had to go there for warranty work. Speaking of warranty, the Travato is a year on what Winnebago makes, the Lexor is 5 years for items Pleasure-Way makes.

Please don't get me wrong, the Travato is a good unit. If there was a queen bed in the 59K, we would have bought that one.

Good luck on your decision making process.
Old 09-18-2015, 02:16 PM   #27
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Jeeper View Post
.......hot water whenever we want it.
Website says "on demand" water heater - is it LP?
Old 09-18-2015, 02:32 PM   #28
Bronze Member

BobB,

Yes, it is LP.
Old 09-18-2015, 02:55 PM   #29
Platinum Member

Has anyone used one of the on demand gas water heaters in an RV? We put on a tankless on demand at home, and found we waste a lot more water waiting for it to supply hot water do to the burner initiation and lighting systems. Irritating at home, but in a van with limited water, I think it would be restrictive. Maybe the RV ones start faster.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 03:07 PM   #30
Bronze Member

Booster,

We have the Gerard Tankless water heater in our Lexor. The heater is very close to the bathroom and kitchen faucets so the water doesn't have to travel far like in a home. Also, the slower the flow of water, the faster it heats up. No complaints about how it works.
Old 09-19-2015, 12:44 AM   #31
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottbaldassari View Post
In reference to swivels:

I don't know if it is "aftermarket" or not, but the swivel seats in the (Winnebago) Travato seem very much like OEM, the handle is built right into the plastic undercarriage of the seat, and they seem to function very well...

Wincrasher, you have a travato don't you?
Wouldn't that have to be an OEM swivel?
Well, I do know, and have had it confirmed by the highest authority today, that's why I shared the information. Just because the part isn't OEM, doesn't mean it's not a great part. For all I know, the same folks that supply it to WGO also supply it to Chrysler.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 10:54 AM   #32
Gold Member

This thread is about a year old, but I'm still interested. What discounts are dealers giving on the Lexor TS and the Travato these days?
NorthPotomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 01:04 PM   #33
Bronze Member

around 80K - look at rvt.com or rvtrader - all your answers are there - call a few dealers and start a conversation. Note that in Nevada if you purchase a used unit from a private party (not an RV/Auto dealer) you do NOT have to pay sales tax when you register the vehicle- thats a savings of $8,180 on a $80K motorhome- just sayn
RickNV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 01:35 PM   #34
Gold Member

RickNV,

That's a great deal in Nevada. Wish we had it in MD!

Though "real" prices for the Travatos are visible online, they are not visible for the new Lexor (only MSRP is currently listed). That's why I posted -- wondering how the real prices for the two models stacked up.
NorthPotomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 02:27 PM   #35
Platinum Member

Check out Road Trek International once in awhile. Roadtreks for Sale - Road Trek International
They recently had a 2016 Zion for $70k from Fretz. It has sold so you can't see what the mileage was or the options it had. Now a new Zion has a "Base" price of $90,506, before you "build" it and choose options, etc. So that may give you some idea of what the discount may be. My guess is Fretz got for less than the $70k and the owners paid much less than that $90k.
Old 10-16-2016, 12:14 PM   #36
Bronze Member

Default Travato

Not sure about "these days" but last Feb I bought my new 2016 59k in MI for under $70k. It represented a little more than 25% off the "list" price. It was delivered with 1500 miles on odometer.

In MI the motor vehicle license cost is based upon the base MSRP price, IOW the price before options and destination charge as stated by the vehicle mfg, and the category (first two numbers of base price) is printed on the vehicle title. A vehicle with a base price of $70000 - $70999 would show a 70 under plate category.
My MI title has a plate category of 69. My 59k had a sticker of a little more than $90k with options.

There seems to be a very large mark-up on motorized RVs as compared to other cars and trucks. But then, most vehicles require a [URL="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monroney_sticker"]Monroney label/URL] and it doesn't appear as though it applies to RVs.
Gobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 12:36 PM   #37
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobird View Post
Not sure about "these days" but last Feb I bought my new 2016 59k in MI for under $70k. It represented a little more than 25% off the "list" price. It was delivered with 1500 miles on odometer.

In MI the motor vehicle license cost is based upon the base MSRP price, IOW the price before options and destination charge as stated by the vehicle mfg, and the category (first two numbers of base price) is printed on the vehicle title. A vehicle with a base price of $70000 - $70999 would show a 70 under plate category.
My MI title has a plate category of 69. My 59k had a sticker of a little more than $90k with options.

There seems to be a very large mark-up on motorized RVs as compared to other cars and trucks. But then, most vehicles require a [URL="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monroney_sticker"]Monroney label/URL] and it doesn't appear as though it applies to RVs.
I am confused, the base MSRP had to be much higher than the 69,xxx shown on the title didn't it?
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 01:05 PM   #38
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmchugh View Post
I am confused, the base MSRP had to be much higher than the 69,xxx shown on the title didn't it?
Yes, one would think that. Unfortunately, there is no gov't mandated Monroney for a Travato.

Chevy-Volt-Monroney-sticker.jpg

Notice the "standard vehicle price" vs the "total vehicle price".

Plate fee is based upon the "standard vehicle price".

MI plate rules (my bold)...

"Michigan Department of State
Plate Fee Calculator

Entering the Fee Category

The vehicle's base price is entered as a fee category for passenger vehicles and for pickup trucks and vans less than 8,000 lbs. empty weight. The vehicle's base price is also known as the Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) which is the price shown at the top of a new vehicle's window sticker showing the manufacturer's base price before any options, taxes, dealer preparation charges, and destination (delivery) charges.

If the base price of the vehicle is $1 through $9,999, the fee category is a single-digit number (1-9). If the base price is $10,000 through $99,999, the fee category is a two-digit number (10-99). If the base price is $100,000 or higher, the fee category is a three-digit number (100-on up).

Examples:

Base Price Is: 7,870
Fee Category Is: 7

Base Price Is: 22,790
Fee Category Is: 22

Base Price Is: 134,995
Fee Category Is: 134

Copyright © 2001-2006 State of Michigan"
Old 10-17-2016, 04:33 PM   #39
Bronze Member

Default michigan title

title.jpg

my MI title for reference.

Whatever the 'real' base MSRP is, WGO has told the state of MI it is somewhere between $69k and $69999, and I pay for my license plate accordingly.
Old 10-18-2016, 03:41 PM   #40
Platinum Member

I just went to the Pomona rv show and was surprised that the Lexor had such a tiny fridge. Consider that in your choice.
stanw909 is offline   Reply With Quote