Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2021, 12:46 AM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Truma Error Code 212H

Hi-

When I went to de-winterize our 2018 Era today, I ran into an issue with the fancy Truma hot water/furnace. I used the control panel to turn it on (using gas) and it throws error code 212H. I tried resetting and it comes back each time. I can hear the system trying to start up (some sort for fan noise and some relay-like clicking). The little red LED on the actual Truma unit itself also comes on flashing...

It worked fine last fall. The last thing I did before winterizing was to take it to have the LP tank filled. I also noticed today that I had a hard time starting the propane stove, and that the burners would sometime go out. So I'm wondering what's going on here. Is there a possibility that I somehow got "bad propane"? Or that a lot of air got introduced into the LP tank? I did try opening the bleeder/overflow valve on the tank for a few seconds and got a steady mist of LP out.

Anybody else run into this?

Thanks,

-dm
KitsapEra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 02:07 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Can you check propane pressure right at Truma. See the codes. https://www.truma.com/uk/en/faq/faul...rol-panel.html
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 07:55 PM   #3
Gold Member

Air in the line. Got the same code and stove behavior. It finally cleared up for me but not before I put in a new solenoid and bought (didn't install it) a new regulator. Turn the stove on and light it until it keeps burning.
kmessinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 08:07 PM   #4
Bronze Member

I now *think* that the second, two-stage regulator is bad. I already replaced the first, single stage one that regulates to 30 PSI and is easy to replace as it is just outside the tank.

Working underneath I found a second two-stage regulator. Confirmed this with Winnebago. This one regulates down to 11 inches WC (different from PSI). Fortunately, the distribution manifold downstream from this had an extra, plugged, port. I removed the plug and attached a gauge that I bought, and sure enough I have 11 inches IF nothing is running. As soon as you try to light the stove, it drops down to around 3 inches.

So currently I'm guessing it is the second regulator. I have one on order but it is a day ore two out.

From everything I've read online, having spare regulators in the camper is a good thing, they fail often.

Thanks!

-dm
Old 04-08-2021, 05:27 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsapEra View Post
Hi-

When I went to de-winterize our 2018 Era today, I ran into an issue with the fancy Truma hot water/furnace. I used the control panel to turn it on (using gas) and it throws error code 212H. I tried resetting and it comes back each time. I can hear the system trying to start up (some sort for fan noise and some relay-like clicking). The little red LED on the actual Truma unit itself also comes on flashing...

It worked fine last fall. The last thing I did before winterizing was to take it to have the LP tank filled. I also noticed today that I had a hard time starting the propane stove, and that the burners would sometime go out. So I'm wondering what's going on here. Is there a possibility that I somehow got "bad propane"? Or that a lot of air got introduced into the LP tank? I did try opening the bleeder/overflow valve on the tank for a few seconds and got a steady mist of LP out.

Anybody else run into this?

Thanks,

-dm
I am seeing this on April 8 so it may be resolved.

First make sure your propane tank valve is open. They get closed for filling.

Then light you stove to get propane in the lines. Once sove is good try Truma again. Error codes are in the Truma manual and probably on their website.

If you still have a problem I will see if I can find that error code.
DelcoBobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 05:32 PM   #6

Here is a screenshot from the Truma manual.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BE43F0D0-2480-4E37-B82E-8986594B83EB.jpg (148.3 KB, 6 views)
DelcoBobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 01:32 AM   #7
Bronze Member

Replacing the two stage regulator fixed the issue. We just got back from a short trip this evening and it all worked flawlessly. The Truma Combi really is a nice system. Got down to about 25 F. in Redmond Oregon last night but the inside of the van stayed toasty.

Thanks

-dm