Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2017, 06:05 AM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Truma not working on 2017 Travato 59k

I have a Truma Combi eco in a 2017 Travato 59k. It doesn't appear to be working. It has a CP Plus control panel and I think I have it set correctly. I have no fan/heat/HW. Heat is set to 70F. Outside temp is 59F. All 110v breakers are closed. I have turn on set for 7pm and turn off at 6am. I've watched a variety of youtube videos on the control panel. I have no idea if there is a mechanical problem or if it's me. Anyone have any suggestions?
Steamjockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 10:59 AM   #2

You might want to also join and post this in the Facebook Travato Owners and Wannabes. Lots of helpful people there with the same model you have.
psouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 11:47 AM   #3
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamjockey View Post
I have a Truma Combi eco in a 2017 Travato 59k. It doesn't appear to be working. It has a CP Plus control panel and I think I have it set correctly. I have no fan/heat/HW. Heat is set to 70F. Outside temp is 59F. All 110v breakers are closed. I have turn on set for 7pm and turn off at 6am. I've watched a variety of youtube videos on the control panel. I have no idea if there is a mechanical problem or if it's me. Anyone have any suggestions?
To confirm operational or not, I would set temp to about 80 and turn the fan on the high setting. Also, test on both propane and electric.
Furnace should work with or without water in the hot water tank. Are you sure the hot water tank is full?

Gordie
2016 59k
Gobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 01:33 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Forgive me if this is too basic, but have you set the power source to electric? (When you said all 110 breakers were closed, I assume you are not trying to power it with propane). There are two electric settings: EL1 and EL2 - have you tried both?

Also, do you have it set on ECO? If so, it takes a long time to get warm...
Old 09-24-2017, 02:42 PM   #5
Platinum Member

I know you said you had watched various videos, but here is the one from the Truma site - I thought it was hard to find so you may have missed it. They have a site for US and one for Great Britain - the GB site has more information than the US site.

This page has links to three videos and you want the operating one (#3), obviously.

https://www.truma.com/us/en/products...combi-eco.html

Also, there is a 12v fuse inside the heater that could be blown, but would need to be replaced by a dealer to maintain warranty.
Old 09-24-2017, 03:37 PM   #6

I know just what you are going through. I picked up my 2018 Travato 59K last Tuesday and spent hours trying to figure out the Truma (and all the other stuff also!) I did get mine to work with the gas and combination gas and electric. right now it is on electric only. I have not tried to set up the timer like you have for starting and stopping heat but have just relied on the thermostat. A couple things I found out with working with Truma, there is a lag time between the settings at the display and the actual event taking effect. It also took me a while to figure out the display would flash the time and then the temp when the thermostat was set and the truma was running. That truma is unbelievably quiet!
Couple of questions.. will it work on gas only? can you clear the start/stop times and just use it with the thermostat setting? FWIW it took me a while to finesse the right pressure and time to push the button for setting the temp.. Got to play with the settings since our temps at night here in Reno dropped to freezing.
gwwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 04:06 PM   #7
BBQ
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamjockey View Post
is this a new problem?

or the truma is new to you?
Old 09-25-2017, 02:03 AM   #8
Bronze Member

Oh my goodness:

Thanks everyone for your expertise. I'm new to the Truma and new to RV's. Got it 2 mos ago. Spent most of that time just learning the Pro Master controls and features. Then moved on one thing at a time, TV/antenna, Radio/speakers, Microwave/Convection, etc.
Sanitizing the FW tank. Flushing the black and grey tanks. A truly slow process. Last thing on my list is the heater as it was fairly warm out. Had problems with generator breaker tripping.

You have given me a plethora of suggestions which I will check out. Have to do this mainly in the evening due to warm daytime temps. Thanks a bunch, I'll get back when I make some progress.
Steamjockey is offline   Reply With Quote