Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2021, 08:06 PM   #21
Platinum Member

Default Check your Private Messages

It is courteous to reply to a PM, even if not interested.
Deano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 08:36 PM   #22

I’ve recently decided to put up for sales my 2006 Roadtrek Adventurous RS for sale. 58K. All maintenance is up to date, all records included, manuals and books. Everything is in perfect working condition. Recently took it to Florida than Arizona. Averaged 20 mpg. My email is skkoerper@me.com if you are interested in pics and finding out more info. The camper is in Overland Park, KS.
skkoerper@me.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 08:38 PM   #23

Default Roadtrek for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobike View Post
I am entering my second year trying to buy, with about 2 years prior to that researching them. I've seen many ads going back 7 to 8 eights years showing Roadtreks with lower mileage at resonable prices. The same Roadtrek is now about 50% higher in price with 3 times the mileage. Which in turn drives me into even older units which will end up costing more in the end due to more and more mantaince costs. It always turns out that I am just not quick enough, even though I check ads every day. Yesterday was my tipping point, where I lost out on 2 in one day. While talking with one seller I noticed a ad come up which I answered within minutes of it being posted, only to lose out even after saying I would buy it sight unseen. Just the fact that it would take me a few days to travel to pick one up is enough to end my chance. I do know that I have lost them to dealers, one for sure yesterday. Who then turn around and put a huge markup on them as is with no warranty. What tatic am I missing that would give me a chance?

I’ve recently decided to put up for sales my 2006 Roadtrek Adventurous RS for sale. 58K. All maintenance is up to date, all records included, manuals and books. Everything is in perfect working condition. Recently took it to Florida than Arizona. Averaged 20 mpg. My email is skkoerper@me.com if you are interested in pics and finding out more info. The camper is in Overland Park, KS.
skkoerper@me.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 12:46 AM   #24
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano View Post
It is courteous to reply to a PM, even if not interested.
Agreed.

Extra characters to meet the minimum.
Just for fun:'15 Kawasaki Versys650LT
Perfection is a fantasy, though improvement is possible(Wifey).
SteveJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 02:55 AM   #25
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG_Ltd View Post
Looking to find an "affordable" Roadtrek with low miles and very good/excellent condition plus convenient to buy... is impossible and crazy making. When I read your question I thought "you just need to come up with the money, buy it from a reputable dealer and be done with it". I did this when I purchased my 2013 Roadtrek Agile in 2015. I made the dealer sign an agreement that I could bring it back in one month to fix anything that wasn't working. He agreed and I was happy. Yes, I paid a bit of a premium but - hey! - get used to it - LOL. It costs to have assurances. Having problems and figuring stuff out is part of the nomadic life and adventure so perhaps this is a good time to ask yourself... are you serious, and are you really ready to commit to the unknown? I hope this helps you go forward in your own best interest. Good luck!
Welcome to the forum AG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasicBill View Post
I have a 2006 210 Popular if you're interested. It's not on the market, but everything is always for sale. Feel free to PM! My schedule is busy right now with work, but I'll work with you the best I can.
Others might be interested if the OP is not.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 05:23 PM   #26
Platinum Member

Just sold a 2008 RS Adventurous, had a queue of 10 buyers ready to buy if the first sale fell through, some offering more than the asking price.
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 08:27 PM   #27
JDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmchugh View Post
Just sold a 2008 RS Adventurous, had a queue of 10 buyers ready to buy if the first sale fell through, some offering more than the asking price.
I was one of the people on Greg's list. Getting scooped on that unit made me realize how competitive the market is. I was able to move more quickly on another RT that came up for sale and will be buying it Wednesday if all checks out during my inspection. Keep trying, there are lots of rigs for sale and you'll find one eventually.
John
JDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 11:15 PM   #28
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDD View Post
I was one of the people on Greg's list. Getting scooped on that unit made me realize how competitive the market is. I was able to move more quickly on another RT that came up for sale and will be buying it Wednesday if all checks out during my inspection. Keep trying, there are lots of rigs for sale and you'll find one eventually.
John
Welcome to the forum JDD!
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 11:44 PM   #29
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDD View Post
John
It is pretty crazy at the moment. We had the van on the market for awhile but we were staying away from Florida (where the van was in storage and the virus was raging) and by the time we returned to Florida the market had gone crazy and people were lining up to look at the van. Someone who had contacted us last summer about the van was waiting for us to get back to Florida and offered the asking price and was ready to travel to Florida from Ohio to buy it after seeing it and verifying the condition. Several potential buyers then offered more than the asking price but we stayed committed to selling it at the agreed asking price. If that first sale had not gone through I am not sure what we would have done but we definitely could have adjusted the price up in the current the market. I think we had it fairly priced based on comparable sales last summer.
Old 02-23-2021, 04:10 PM   #30
JDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post
Welcome to the forum JDD!
Thanks, I'm looking forward to learning from everyone here!
JDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 11:58 PM   #31

Default 2018 Roadtrek Agile ss for sale

Maybe my 2018 Silver 2018 Agile SS might do.
I just this week, decided to sell it.
" Journey' has 8900 miles, is in excellent shape, indoor storage, and has solar with the large inverter. Also has propane gen and heat.
What do you think?
jakescase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 08:41 PM   #32
Platinum Member

What is the process to sell a van? Best place to list it and how to process the final transaction? I might be selling later in the summer.

Thanks
MobileCabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 08:53 PM   #33
Platinum Member

I think for a used Van Craigslist is good if you select a major nearby city to widen the coverage. Also you will get robo scammers that you just have to ignore. we found ours that way and it worked out great. Even tho the seller lived west of Richmond he listed it in DC. Otherwise I would not have found it. Selling private party may take longer, as people have to move money, or do home equity loan, etc. Never agree to corporate checks, company "certified" checks or third party payees, all common scams.
engnrsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 09:09 PM   #34
Platinum Member

For Roadtreks the Roadtrek International Group has a For Sale section that is free and you do not need to be a member to post an ad...

https://www.roadtrekchapter.org/roadtreks-for-sale/
Old 02-25-2021, 10:07 PM   #35
Platinum Member

I forgot the RT group...thanks.

Also would a certified bank check be trustworthy or is it better to have the buyer do an electronic bank transfer?
MobileCabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 02:57 AM   #36
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileCabin View Post
I forgot the RT group...thanks.

Also would a certified bank check be trustworthy or is it better to have the buyer do an electronic bank transfer?
Unless you are at the bank as it is being created, no.
Just for fun:'15 Kawasaki Versys650LT
Perfection is a fantasy, though improvement is possible(Wifey).
SteveJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 01:41 PM   #37
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wny-pat View Post
I don't care which motorhome or rv you buy, no matter what the maintenance cost, they are all money pits!!! You have to accept that going into this. Doesn't matter if you buy a used one or a brand new million dollar one! They will nickle and dime you to death. But they sure are enjoyable while doing that to you!
Nobody has invoked the "boat" acronym yet on this thread, so I will do it.

Boat, you say? You own a boat? Are you aware that "boat" actually stands for "Bust Out Another Thousand"?

Owning a Class B is quite like owning a boat. Mine is currently poised to eat MORE than another thousand in tires and suspension upgrades.
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 04:23 PM   #38
Platinum Member

One key difference from a boat, at least in the present environment. My 2006 Roadtrek 210P is worth the same today as it was 10 years ago when I bought it used. I have put several boat-bucks into it: roof paint, lifted 2 inches, backup camera and in-dash unit, upgraded brakes, and a few more. Maybe $5-6000 more than I would have put into a car. But the car and a boat would have probably depreciated that much or more. My 2010 Camry that I bought for about $20k in 2009 is worth $8k now, maybe not even that much. So is a B a great financial investment? No, but you could do worse. Look at it as an investment in your health and mental well-being, as the benefits of being out exploring our great country are priceless.
peteco is offline   Reply With Quote