Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2019, 06:26 PM   #1

Default Two questions re: American Cruiser

Hi-

My wife and I just acquired a 2000 RE American Cruiser - the one that is dually.

So, two questions:

1. The couch does not open to a bed (not sure if this was intended or is a feature from prior owner). Any ideas of places one could buy a couch that would convert to a bed?
2. It is missing the hooks for the privacy screen. Any ideas where one might acquire replacements?

Thank you much!
Marcc237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 04:08 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcc237 View Post
Hi-

My wife and I just acquired a 2000 RE American Cruiser - the one that is dually.

So, two questions:

1. The couch does not open to a bed (not sure if this was intended or is a feature from prior owner). Any ideas of places one could buy a couch that would convert to a bed?
2. It is missing the hooks for the privacy screen. Any ideas where one might acquire replacements?

Thank you much!
Welcome to the forum Marcc237!

There's probably someone on this forum with your model (although not many) who know what you're referring to. For the rest of us, a few pictures would help. You can attach by going to the "Additional Options" when posting and select "Manage Attachments" in the "Attach File" box.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 05:04 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Hi-

So, two questions:

Thank you much!
Hi Marc, and welcome to the forum.

I have a complete factory electric couch/bed from a 2010 Roadtrek 190 Popular (Chevy Express van) in near new condition: we used it on one 3-week trip, then converted to permanent twin beds.

We're also in New York (Allegany). Let me know if interested.

Regards, Dick
dicktill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 05:30 PM   #4

Yes, potentially very interested. Could you provide a photo (sio I can show the sweetie) and measurements? Thank you! We are in Northern Westchester County.
Old 09-06-2019, 05:33 PM   #5

RowieBowie-

Thank you. Will try to get photos soonest. For now, the best example on the bed is here: http://www.classbforum.com/forums/at...1&d=1500649523
Old 09-06-2019, 11:29 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
RowieBowie-

Thank you. Will try to get photos soonest. For now, the best example on the bed is here: http://www.classbforum.com/forums/at...1&d=1500649523
As much as I enjoy helping Dicktill part-out his Roadtrek 190.

Looks like yours is a mid-cabin side bed, his is a rear bed. But who knows, with some ingenuity . . .?
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 12:04 AM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post
As much as I enjoy helping Dicktill part-out his Roadtrek 190.

Looks like yours is a mid-cabin side bed, his is a rear bed. But who knows, with some ingenuity . . .?
The mechanism would still work in any orientation. The cushions maybe yes, maybe no. Depends a lot on whether you want to sleep lengthwise or crosswise.
dicktill is offline   Reply With Quote