Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2020, 10:59 PM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Update links for Utah and NM?

My daughter is heading through Sante Fe and Moab by herself this week. I checked and it seems NM state parks are closed. Does anyone have links to really current info on closures, or capacity problems? I read somewhere here that Moab was turning people away?
tomiverson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 11:15 PM   #2
Platinum Member

We've been touring Utah for about 3 weeks but can't directly address Moab. The three counties around Moab were some of the most restrictive initially and, even recently (after Dead Horse State Park opened its camping), the State Park was limited to residents of the county. The good news is, Canyonlands National Park is scheduled to open on May 29th, so that would imply that Moab will no longer be off limits.
2016 159" High Top DIY ProMaster with 500ah Starlight Solar/Elite LiFePo4, 930 watts Hyundai Solar w/MidNite Solar Classic MPPT, Magnum 2812/MMP250-60S Charger/PSW w/remote, Nations 280amp 2nd Alternator with DIY [formerly, Balmar] regulator, NovaCool R4500 12/120v frig, 2 burner TruInduction cookstop, SMEV 8005 sink, FloJet R4426143 pump. No A/C or indoor washroom.
Winston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 04:00 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Navajo Nation encompassing the 4 corners area has been shutting down all traffic on weekends

84 to Pagosa Springs, 160 to Cortez, Co, then 491 & 191 should have her clear of those restrictions

( so no shiprock, monument valley, mexican hat, some smaller areas in CO have restrictions as well- so stay /plan on the main roads)

as for Moab area I dont know

mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 05:13 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkguitar View Post
Navajo Nation encompassing the 4 corners area has been shutting down all traffic on weekends

84 to Pagosa Springs, 160 to Cortez, Co, then 491 & 191 should have her clear of those restrictions

( so no shiprock, monument valley, mexican hat, some smaller areas in CO have restrictions as well- so stay /plan on the main roads)

as for Moab area I dont know
https://www.discovermoab.com/covid-19/

Hotels and RV parks open with reduced occupancy/
hbn7hj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 07:45 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston View Post
The good news is, Canyonlands National Park is scheduled to open on May 29th, so that would imply that Moab will no longer be off limits.
Canyonlands and Arches National Parks will reopen for limited day use access on May 29th but NPS facilities including campgrounds will remain closed.

Our Canyonlands camping reservations for June were cancelled by NPS and Recreation.gov then issued refunds.
rockymtnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 09:40 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Here's current info about pandemic management in Santa Fe and New Mexico. https://santafe.org/Santa_Fe_COVID-1...ion/index.html
Old 06-01-2020, 05:43 PM   #7
Silver Member

I drove through Moab in early May and all the tourist attractions and businesses (except gas stations and the usual vital businesses) were closed including the visitors information center. I would google it now to see what is opened. Kayakers were on the Colorado River .
joeski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 11:30 PM   #8
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeski View Post
I drove through Moab in early May and all the tourist attractions and businesses (except gas stations and the usual vital businesses) were closed including the visitors information center. I would google it now to see what is opened. Kayakers were on the Colorado River .
Thanks. She arrived at Arches 2 days ago...first day open and they waived the fee!
tomiverson is offline   Reply With Quote