Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-06-2017, 04:39 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Update on Fire Extinguishers

Thanks for the info here, I called the Recall Number, and they were super to deal with; about a week ago I received one new one, shipped the old one back via FedEx with the Return Label. Today, I received the second of three, just have to repeat the process and they even pick up at home. I had a total of three, one is dtd '91, another '93 and then '94. Ron
Old 12-08-2017, 05:14 PM   #2
Gold Member

I am waiting for my replacement extinguisher (I was told around the 12th - 15th December), without seeing the original post/thread on here I would still be unaware of this recall. So thanks from me also.
Old 12-08-2017, 05:36 PM   #3
Platinum Member

My second was just picked up by FedEx this a.m. One to go and I am done. Ron
Old 12-08-2017, 05:57 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche911 View Post
... without seeing the original post/thread on here I would still be unaware of this recall. So thanks from me also.
I just got a letter from Kidde advising me of the recall. But that may because the unit I have in my "B" is a replacement from a 2015 recall. They were confirming that the replacement was also now subject to this latest recall.

I ordered a foam type extinguisher for the coach from these guys and will use the replacement Kidde around the house. Fire Fight Products The price for their SS20 is comparable to the Kidde. And no damage to the coach contents if (God forbid) I have to use it.
Old 12-13-2017, 06:45 PM   #5
Platinum Member

I was beginning to wonder if Kidde had lost my request for a replacement since it had been over a month since I had filled out the form on their website without hearing anything back. I was starting to think I'd have to call them up after the holidays, but today I received an email from Fedex that the shipment was finally on its way (arriving tomorrow). Guess I needed just a little more patience - I suppose it does take more than a month to replace 40 millions fire extinguishers.
Old 12-13-2017, 10:53 PM   #6
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
I was beginning to wonder if Kidde had lost my request for a replacement since it had been over a month since I had filled out the form on their website without hearing anything back. I was starting to think I'd have to call them up after the holidays, but today I received an email from Fedex that the shipment was finally on its way (arriving tomorrow). Guess I needed just a little more patience - I suppose it does take more than a month to replace 40 millions fire extinguishers.
I received mine yesterday 12.12.17 the eta was 12.12 to 12.15.17 about 1 month so no complaints here at all.
Old 12-13-2017, 11:09 PM   #7
Platinum Member

I got my new fire extinguisher. It is a different size from the recalled unit. It will not fit in my 2000 Roadtrek niche. I am keeping my old one and NOT sending it back. Probably sell the new one on craigslist. Kidde goofed.
gklugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 11:38 PM   #8
BBQ
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gklugie View Post
I got my new fire extinguisher. It is a different size from the recalled unit. It will not fit in my 2000 Roadtrek niche. I am keeping my old one and NOT sending it back. Probably sell the new one on craigslist. Kidde goofed.

Old 12-13-2017, 11:40 PM   #9
Platinum Member

If I remember correctly, when I submitted the request the website told me 10-15 business days, so I had been expecting it to arrive before Thanksgiving.

Quote:
I got my new fire extinguisher. It is a different size from the recalled unit. It will not fit in my 2000 Roadtrek niche. I am keeping my old one and NOT sending it back.
Oof. Crossing my fingers I have better luck, but if not I'll keep the replacement to use around the house & buy a new one for my Roadtrek. I wouldn't feel comfortable taking my chances on a recalled unit working correctly if I ever need it.
Old 12-15-2017, 04:27 PM   #10
Gold Member

Quote:
The only difference I noticed was the spout was slightly longer, it is not a perfect fit in the assigned location in my Pleasure Way Plateau but it works, I returned my old unit yesterday.

Tags
thank you