Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2007, 03:54 AM   #1
g1g
Platinum Member

Default Vacation

Many have said that they will not use their camper with the price of gas. My question is will those of you that say this will you be taking a vacation? What would you do?
g1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 06:32 AM   #2
Bronze Member

Default Vacation

We are leaving for a 2 month vacation to Alaska. I did not by my motorhome to let it sit and collect dust.
jerrygaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 07:21 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bobojay

Same Here!

Past RV's: 2013 WGO ERA 70A, Chevy PW Lexor
Itasca Navion, 29' Jayco 5th Wheel
bobojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 01:04 PM   #4
Platinum Member

I've said I let my RV sit because of gas prices but I have a Class "C". It's a little bigger and uses a lot more gas than a Class "B". Also, we're a single income family of 5 and money needs to be spent wisely. We usually try to get out a couple times each year but last year, gas was $1.20/litre. That's about $4.40/gal. It was the first time in 10 years we didn't go out.

As far as what we did, we stayed home, fixed a few things around the house and put up a small inflatable pool for the kids. It was kind of nice for a change.

This year, work has decided to move me so, we'll be using the RV to travel to our new home. They allow us 6 hours a day traveling so it should be a nice trip. We're moving from a city to a tourist area right on Lake Ontario.

I just remembered another thing I did last year. We had a leak in the roof of my RV and by the damage, it was there for a while. I had to pull the one wall apart, remove all the water-logged wood out and replace it. I also had to repair the roof. Liquid rubber and mesh works wonders.
renrut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 09:09 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to julievojo

We have been traveling less, but that's got more to do with the fact that we're making 2 house payments. As soon as the old house is sold, we're outta here. The RV is NOT a lawn ornament!

We are planning on going to Ft Benning GA in June for my son's graduation from Army basic training. Other than that one, we'll just wing it and go when we can (like usual)
Old 05-02-2007, 01:41 AM   #6
Silver Member

Default Vacation

We have decided that we are going to travel when ever and where ever we can. We are not getting any younger and we want to keep on traveling as long as we are physically able to do so.
The gas prices are really way out of line, but they will probably go even higher for Memorial Day weekend in May.
We had already made our trip plans before the gas prices started to soar, and we won't let that stop us! I hope that a lot of you folks are able to afford to keep your vacation plans. Maybe try and cutback on something else in order to pay for the gas. Not easy, I know
Sure hope to see alot of you "on the road!"
2003 FORD EXCEL-RD (#3)
HAVE PLEASURE-WAY, WILL TRAVEL!
Bobbi is offline   Reply With Quote