Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2009, 03:35 PM   #1

Default virgin class b owners. seeking advice and warnings

just bought our very first class b, actually it's our very first rv also! so hoping to hear from others with advice for happy traveling, possible issues, best places to camp, any other comments you'd like to share. just recently retired and moved to florida. hoping to spend alot of time on the road both hear in the sunshine state as well as throughout the country.
daytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 04:39 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Location: Sarnialabad, The Newly Elected People's Republic of Canuckistan
Default Re: virgin class b owners. seeking advice and warnings

Hi daytona,
If you have any specific issues or concerns, I always have pretty good luck using the keyword
search facility on the top right corner of most every page on this website. If you've got a question
about something, and there's not a lot of hits, post it up like you did with your introduction post.

We (my wife and I) are mostly boondockers, as it's the least expensive way to travel around the
United States, if sightseeing is your primary goal. We've been out on 3 long trips since last year
with our first B, and although we've stayed at some State and National Parks Services campgrounds,
our usual overnight stops are places like Walmart, and truck stops. We don't use our shower, so
we can get a shower for around $8 at most truck stops around the country. We think it's worth it.
Also, you can go to any NPS run park, rec areas, etc. or office location and for $85 you get a pass
good for one year (to the end of the month purchased, so almost 13 months if you get it early in
the month) and it gets you free admission to any NPS operated places (Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon
National Parks, Lake Mead National Rec Area, for example) as well as most Land Management Bureau,
and National Monument locations. We got one last October at Grand Canyon NP, and it's reduced our
admission prices to well below $5 per entry. If you do a lot of National "stuff" it's a deal.
If you're a true US senior (we aren't quite there yet, or American, too bad!!!) I believe it's much cheaper,
but some other forum members could tell you how much less.

As far as warnings goes, just read any thread started by me. If it can break, I've broken it,
if it doesn't make sense, I've done it, if it shouldn't have happened, well, you get the idea.....

There's a good bunch of people on here with all kinds of knowledge and experience,
so don't be afraid to ask, if you have a question. Almost guaranteed somebody will know
the answer.

Good luck and good travels,
Mike.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:28 AM   #3
g1g
Platinum Member

Default Re: virgin class b owners. seeking advice and warnings

Hello and welcome, We are still working so we haven't hit the big road, only short jonts for a day or three depending on how much time we have. I am constantly compiling a list of places to see and things to do for whenever we travel that direction. I also have it planed to both boondock for a day or two then get a campground where we can shower, dump tanks and refill water. Hoping this saves money. Sorry I cannot offer detailed advice for your needs but if you have a certain question put it on the forum and someone may have an answer. Interest vary you will see post where people ask about certain places or things. I have in the past and plan on doing more when I have a question. Good luck, safe travel and lookin to see you post again.
g1g is offline   Reply With Quote