Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2011, 03:26 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Location: Sarnialabad, The Newly Elected People's Republic of Canuckistan
Default Walmart "Site to Store" online shopping

Hi gang,
g1g asked about this on another thread, and liked the idea, so I'm moving the description to a separate
new thread if anyone else is interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g1g
Mike I like your thought on ordering and shipping to a store on route in state with low tax. I never thought of that. Are the delivery dates accurate that you time it for when you will be there or have to camp out until it comes in?
First time the shipment was a day early , last time it was a day late , but we were planning to
return via the same route and picked it up on the way back. Create an account at Walmart.com then place
your order, and select different States from their site to store system. If you find one that has really low sales tax
(WV, KY, PA are pretty low) order it online, and have it shipped to a store that's close to your planned route. You can
take the online order process right up to the checkout stage, and it'll show you the total price, including taxes for each
store location. Just be careful when you're testing the sales taxes, not to complete the order, until you decide on a
shipping location. There's a confirmation of checkout, so be careful you don't confirm one you don't want. If you do,
there's a chance you can cancel the errant order, but you have to be quick, or call them right away.
Walmart.com will send you email alerts at various stages of the process, order/payment received/verified, item
shipped, and you can usually track it's whereabouts in transit through your Walmart.com userid, and then when it is
ready for pick up. Go to the site to store area, and bring your printed scanable receipt, or if you don't have a printer
with you, just tell them the order number, your phone number and show picture id. Also, if you do order something,
you have 21 days to pick it up when it's ready, or they will assume you don't want it and send it back, and refund your purchase price to your credit card. The store may phone you to verify you don't want it, too.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:00 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: Walmart "Site to Store" online shopping

Mike, I track the site-to-store shipment via their web site (I make a lot of late 'cause of price) and have found them accurate 100 pecent on arrival date. Have you tried that? Also, if you have the pre-ship notification e-mail, plus your drivers license, they'll release the shipment to you with only that and not the final notification with scanner code.

https://www.classbforum.com/images/1994%20GMC.jpg
VernM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 01:52 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Mike,

We have used this twice and it has been great. Ordered an ice maker and it arrived in 4 days; second item was 5, but in both cases they were trackable and we received an e-mail saying it was at the store. I know this is probably offered at other stores, but this is our first and won't be our last way to shop at WalMart.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:47 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Location: Sarnialabad, The Newly Elected People's Republic of Canuckistan

Quote:
Originally Posted by VernM
Mike, I track the site-to-store shipment via their web site (I make a lot of late 'cause of price) and have found them accurate 100 pecent on arrival date. Have you tried that? Also, if you have the pre-ship notification e-mail, plus your drivers license, they'll release the shipment to you with only that and not the final notification with scanner code.
Hey Vern,
I don't always have internet when we're on the road for tracking, but you are correct on the tracking info.
At my last pick up location, they gave me the item with just the order id hand written on a slip of paper,
and my picture DL as proof of who I was. I just signed the pick up confirmation, and walked out.
The date was accurate on the last order, but we were a day early, because on my first order, the item was
there in 4 days, when the estimate was 5, and we showed up a few days later. The last order was on shorter
notice before our departure date, so I was taking a chance it would be there a day early, but it wasn't. Still,
overall, I think I can live with a day either way, as accurate enough for me.

Hey Ron,
It works for me - twice so far!!!