Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-02-2022, 05:53 PM   #21
Platinum Member

"I didn't see either of these AC delco Front 560673 (19355577)
Rear 560675 (84020665). yes the air lifts look nice. so you have a controller do you stand back to side and watch the back elevate then stop when your level?
I was wanting to keep it simple and have air ports under bumper.
not sure how to decode the codes on the rpo I've attached mine if you know what the orginal shocks where. like do the RV co.s order vans w/ good enough suspension even after they pile on the weight?"

TB, the RPO codes are a listing if what specific equipment, drivetrain, suspension, brakes etc your particular van is equipped with. A google search will show what each code describes. If you look up shocks on Rockauto you will find the compatible RPO suspension code(s) listed. If there's a match with your RPO tag, you're good to go, and there may be more than one shock listed that will work. You can also look up the longer GM part number that I've shown in parentheses.

Read the post I linked to, it describes how I set up the appropriate air pressures in each bag. I go by rear ride height which equates to a certain psi in each bag. Note that heat after driving can slightly increase air pressures and therefore height. I first installed air valves in the rear bumper but I much prefer using the onboard controller/compressor. You can see the pics in the post.

Unfortunately for this era Roadtreks, especially our 210, they left the factory with essentially an almost overloaded suspension. That was the reason for my suspension changes to BOTH front and rear.
TX-Trek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 04:09 PM   #22
Silver Member

Hi Brain, I have a 2008 PW Lexor currently and had 2 other Chevy 3500 vans in the past. I used Bilstein's on all of them and noticed a big improvement on ride especially when coming off a driveway, not nearly as much rock side to side.

Recently I replaced the Bilsteins in the 2008 with new Bilstein thinking they might have worn out. When I removed the old ones I compared them with the new ones. No difference. They didn't wear out at all.

I have the 4 used Bilsteins that will fit your Chevy express. I did not need to use any adapters when I installed them on any of the Chevy express 3500 vans I owned.

If you are interested in a used set send me a PM.
Asphalt Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 05:30 PM   #23

Default Agile Off Road for Suspension

https://agileoffroad.com/
I put in better rear shocks and and a better rear sway bar. Handling improvement is very remarkable. Much less sway in making turns. Sprinter 3500 Pleasure Way Plateau TS
andrewtschneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 03:57 PM   #24
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphalt Addict View Post
Hi Brain, I have a 2008 PW Lexor currently and had 2 other Chevy 3500 vans in the past. I used Bilstein's on all of them and noticed a big improvement on ride especially when coming off a driveway, not nearly as much rock side to side.

Recently I replaced the Bilsteins in the 2008 with new Bilstein thinking they might have worn out. When I removed the old ones I compared them with the new ones. No difference. They didn't wear out at all.

I have the 4 used Bilsteins that will fit your Chevy express. I did not need to use any adapters when I installed them on any of the Chevy express 3500 vans I owned.

If you are interested in a used set send me a PM.
PM sent

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewtschneider View Post
https://agileoffroad.com/
I put in better rear shocks and and a better rear sway bar. Handling improvement is very remarkable. Much less sway in making turns. Sprinter 3500 Pleasure Way Plateau TS
from what I've read the chevy vans never came w/ rear sway bars an memeber here chimed in saying they cause oversteer which is a unsafe condition.
there are companies making SB from around $500. for a bar is kindof greedy. I'll be fabbing my own.

edit: not so sure I even need shocks. the other day I was going over speed bumps rather fast about parking lot speed limit of 15mph.
front goe's over bump nicely.

I hit bump then observe in side mirror the rear it rebounds twice not a constant bouncey.

2nd SB when I was observing the mirror I almost hit this black guy this dumba$$ walked right in front of my big van playing w/ his phone he got lucky I looked straight, I could've flattened him.
Old 12-10-2022, 05:03 PM   #25
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBRAIN View Post
PM sent

from what I've read the chevy vans never came w/ rear sway bars an memeber here chimed in saying they cause oversteer which is a unsafe condition.
there are companies making SB from around $500. for a bar is kindof greedy. I'll be fabbing my own.

edit: not so sure I even need shocks. the other day I was going over speed bumps rather fast about parking lot speed limit of 15mph.
front goe's over bump nicely.

I hit bump then observe in side mirror the rear it rebounds twice not a constant bouncey.

2nd SB when I was observing the mirror I almost hit this black guy this dumba$$ walked right in front of my big van playing w/ his phone he got lucky I looked straight, I could've flattened him.

Be aware that the comments about rear swaybars in vans causing oversteer was stated plainly that it referred to EMPTY vans, not full loaded to near rear max axle weight vans. With 5K+# on the rear and 1K# or more less on the front, you would be hard pressed to make the van oversteer on anything less than gloss ice when either end can let go.

Remember, if you are going to fab your own swaybar (I did that), you need to consider the bar diameter, length, steel alloy, and lever arm length, etc to get what you need. All those things determine the sway bar rate, which is very similar to a spring rate and very important. I can help with those things if you need it. It is not very easy to do if you have a generator behind the axle but can be done. You can save some money, but it is a bit of work and you need some tools and equipment to do it, like maybe a drill press or milling machine, welder, etc.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 05:32 PM   #26
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
I can help with those things if you need it. It is not very easy to do .... but can be done.

You better be careful not to post your home address or you'll have a line of vans around the block
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 06:01 PM   #27
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkguitar View Post
You better be careful not to post your home address or you'll have a line of vans around the block

Good point, I probably should have been more specific.

I can help with the SELECTION of the items necessary to build a home built sway bar install. Not interested in actually building them at this point.

Here is a link the how I made the swaybar setup for our van out of dirt track quick change swaybar parts. I has been in place trouble free for years now.

https://www.classbforum.com/forums/f....html#post7329
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 05:06 PM   #28
Gold Member

I've had koni FSD shocks on 2 chevy vans, a ford van, chevy roadtrek class B and a Ford F53 class A. Love them
Does a good job controlling large movements, but doesn't rattle your dentures over small bumps. I'd say they are sporty/comfortable, not stiff/harsh nor wallow/soft.

Work well with or without a load. Unlike some "heavy duty" shocks that bounce unloaded, or comfort shocks that wallow when loaded.

for the chevy chassis (you can find the rear)
8805-1049 - FRONT Chevy G3500/G4500 Express (Koni FSD)