Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2018, 08:33 PM   #21
Bronze Member

Default Good Youtube channel

I'll also mention Neil's Youtube channel, Ultramobility. Lots of good info, and I like the way he thinks about Class B RVs - intelligent & thoughtful commentary about everything from plain old practical usage to all sorts of topics around tech vs. quality vs. cost.
dhuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 06:06 PM   #22
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeeniesTS View Post
...which broaches another concern; B5 diesel fuel availability. As of now I am ignorant of how difficult it will be to locate either low sulfur diesel or at a minimum B5 fuel?
One state we would like to visit is already at B10 and is enacting a B20 mandate beginning May 1st this year. MB warranty is crystal clear, as illustrated in their “Mercedes-Benz Biodiesel Brochure”. We are in love with the Sprinters, however we are left wondering how we could handle this issue as biodiesel mandates for blends higher than B5 are becoming required in some states.
B2Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 02:28 AM   #23
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeeniesTS View Post
Since we intend to use the Ascent in the cold months I intend to not only heat the batteries, but also heat the oil pan and engine coolant. I read a thread that heating the oil without heat the coolant triggered a warning light on the Mercedes dash. Has anyone else done this and been successful?
It happened to my van, by heating oil pan Sprinter rewarded me with P0196 gift. The CPU found a hot oil and a cold coolant confusing.
https://sprinter-source.com/forum/sh...oil+pan+heater
Attached Images
File Type: jpg POQ.jpg (128.8 KB, 15 views)
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote