Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2019, 05:46 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Send a message via AIM to sewright33 Send a message via MSN to sewright33 Send a message via Yahoo to sewright33
Default Water

I would like to add some water to my class b but the spot to insert the hose has a small white pop up thing. I did take out the screen - should I have left it in.
I just hooked up the hose to the back part to have running water but I need to have warm water
Can't seem to get it through my head - if I just hook up the hose will there be water in the tank so I can run hot water on the outside shower.
Thanks for any help
Ann
sewright33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 06:01 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Default You could just use the gravity fill....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewright33 View Post
I would like to add some water to my class b but the spot to insert the hose has a small white pop up thing. I did take out the screen - should I have left it in.
I just hooked up the hose to the back part to have running water but I need to have warm water
Can't seem to get it through my head - if I just hook up the hose will there be water in the tank so I can run hot water on the outside shower.
Thanks for any help
Ann
I don't think you should remove the screen from the "fresh water inlet"... where a hose would hookup. Also, unless you have an internal water pressure valve you don't want high pressure to damage your system. Either get an external regulator for the pressure or make sure you have one...if you decide to connect the fresh water source..... for unlimited water.....

It won't solve the fact that you still need to dump your tanks...... most class B's are not designed to be like the full hookups you find on other RV's.... our dump hose is on a macerator and we never hookup for anything except electric.
Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 10:12 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Thanks for any help
Ann
You have a multi-issue question. First, what year and model of B-van do you have? Different models can be set up differently.

Quote:
What is the "back part?"

Quote:
if I just hook up the hose will there be water in the tank so I can run hot water on the outside shower.
My initial response is "no." Drawing from city water and filling and drawing from the on-board fresh water tank require different procedures, and using the water heater is an entirely different issue altogether. But after we know what year, make and model you have, we can give you some better, more specific advice.
hepcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 11:26 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Send a message via AIM to sewright33 Send a message via MSN to sewright33 Send a message via Yahoo to sewright33
Default Water. Water

I don't think I explained this right
I right now have hooked up to the city water
I want to bath my dogs with the outside shower
Will there be any water in the water heater to do this or do I need to add water from the other area where the screen is on
Thanks everyone for being patient I kind of forget from year to year
Ann
Old 06-26-2019, 11:58 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
I don't think I explained this right
I right now have hooked up to the city water
I want to bath my dogs with the outside shower
Will there be any water in the water heater to do this or do I need to add water from the other area where the screen is on
Thanks everyone for being patient I kind of forget from year to year
Ann
Ann, I still can't answer your question definitively without knowing some specifics about your coach.

Generally, if you're hooked up to city water, and the water heater isn't bypassed, then yes, if you turn it on (either electric or propane if your water heater has an electric heating element) then you should get hot water. If your water heater IS bypassed and is empty (winterized,) you should NOT turn EITHER the LP burner OR the electric on while it's empty.

Generally, the "other area with the screen) IS the city water inlet. There typically isn't a screen on the gravity-fill for the water tank, so I'm just a little confused.

So, once again, can you give us the year, make and model of your B-Van please? it'll really help.
hepcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 07:34 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Default Water

Ok have some water in tank and hose attached.
It was leaking on the outside shower where the little white thing screw in so purchased another
Now the taps are leaking with the new part on
I am trying to diy with everything but sometimes ........
Old 06-29-2019, 08:13 PM   #7
Platinum Member

The small pop up thing is a check valve so you do not feed water back into the campground supply in the event that the water pressure goes down. It needs to stay in place and it will not impede the water flow into the system.
JohnnyFry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 05:51 AM   #8
Platinum Member

I recommend that you read the manual for your Freedom. I wasn’t able to download one for 1997, but you can download a 2001 one here https://leisurevans.com/owners/manuals/. It is pretty likely that the 2001 manual applies to your 1997.

Look at section 7 on the water system.
Knit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 09:56 PM   #9
Bronze Member

OMG - go to a dealer, any dealer that handles a class B. Have him instruct you on how to fill the tanks. If you fire up the water heater and you don’t have it full of water it can either blow up or burn up.
cbrown154@me.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 01:43 AM   #10
Platinum Member

Or ask a fellow camper, preferably one who has a class b, if they can take a minute or two to advise you. As previously advised by hepcat, you basically need your hot water to be on, the water heater to not be bypassed, and water (either in the tanks or connected to a water spigot).
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote