Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2018, 07:01 AM   #1

Default water fill up in roadtrek 170?

I recently bought a 1999 roadtrek 170. Does anyone know how to fill up water tank? I only have one place to fill up, which is right next to the outdoor shower. The issue is that I am not seeing a place where overflow water (and air ) would go once the tank is full. I checked the manual, but it only talks about the tailgate fill up ( which I do not have ) .
1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 12:42 PM   #2
BBQ
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999 View Post
I recently bought a 1999 roadtrek 170. Does anyone know how to fill up water tank? I only have one place to fill up, which is right next to the outdoor shower. The issue is that I am not seeing a place where overflow water (and air ) would go once the tank is full. I checked the manual, but it only talks about the tailgate fill up ( which I do not have ) .

Check the door jam.
Old 02-19-2018, 03:25 PM   #3
Platinum Member

the fill is either in the driver's door jamb or on the passenger side rear door jamb - at least that's my thinking
ManWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 04:07 PM   #4

I will take a picture of both jams tomorrow when I will be around my van. There is nothing in either door jam ( this was suggested in the manual for roadtrek 190, not 170). The tailgate fill up spot is not connected from the factory, but there was fresh water in the car when I bought it... What a mystery! The only spot that I can hook up water is by the outdoor showers, but it's a screw on hook up meaning that air and extra water won't be able to escape.
1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 04:22 PM   #5
Platinum Member

I went to roadtrek.com and clicked "support" at the top right. I looked up 1999 170 and dowloaded the manual. Page 9 listed some pretty specific instructions for filling and also tells where the overflow drains for both Dodge and Chevrolet models. They are very different for each model. Back then, Roadtrek was owned by a family and father and son were engineers. The RT manuals always seemed to reflect that in the amount of detail and specificity provided.

Paul
Doneworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 08:47 AM   #6
Platinum Member

Default Check the Passenger Door

Check inside the passenger door in the step leading up to the foot-well. That's where it is in my 1997 170P based on a Dodge chassis, it's just a little plug that gravity fills the fresh water tank. If you overfill it, it just runs out the plastic well to the ground.
Nic7320 is offline   Reply With Quote