Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-30-2019, 03:38 PM   #1

Default Water Filter for 2017 Winnebago Era 70X/170X

Hi All, Does anyone own this model Era and can tell me what the under sink water filter part number is? The one in my unit (I bought it used) is missing and the diverter plug is in? I hear they are quite expensive and there is a number of suggestions as to a suitable replacement (but there seems to be a large disagreement as to the part number it replaces), but if someone has a cheaper replacement that fits and works, I would like to hear about it. Thanks in advance.
era4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 02:41 PM   #2
Platinum Member

My 2016/2017 Winnebago Trend came with a water filter and plug. This may be the same filter that is in your unit. It is a 3M Model A1 filter for the under sink unit. I purchased one off of eBay and was $33.78 open box. The filter is hard to find and when you find one it is priced at $55 and up.

MLogan
2017 Trend
Smyrna, TN
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Under Sink Water Filter.JPG (776.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Filter Plug.JPG (658.2 KB, 10 views)
mloganusda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 07:08 PM   #3
Silver Member

Here's one that I use on my 2015 Era which is a direct replacement from Amazon for $62.74:

Swift Green Filters SGF-A1 Swift Green Filter Replacement For 3M A1, 1 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SKB74LY..._So1uCbKFJMWRN
Abn1SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 09:22 PM   #4
Platinum Member

My 2018 came with a different brand/model filter that apparently does not take a plug (much to my surprise). I remove the filter and after winterizing I take it off and use the contents to fill the traps.
Old 02-01-2019, 02:25 PM   #5
Platinum Member

With the filter in place when you winterize you can not use the filter again as it will have antifreeze in the filter. You will have to replace the filter with a new one, which can be expensive. Check in your MH for the white plastic plug as it should come standard, so you can use the cold water without a filter.

MLogan
2017 Trend
Smyrna, TN
mloganusda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 06:39 PM   #6
Bronze Member

I have a 2016 Era. The filter is a 3M Aqua Pure, # C CS FF. My cheapest source has been Wal Mart, online. Believe about $40-45. Lowes hardware carries them but believe rhey were a bit more expensive and sometimes out of stock.
When I winterized, with pink stuff, I remove the filter if it has a lot of useful life remaining, insert the plug and pump in the antifreeze. In the spring, flush out pink stuff and remove plug and reinsert the filter which I have allowed to dry during the winter. My chlorinated city water will wash out any "bad" stuff.
604eholston@charter.net is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
170x, 70x, era, replacement, water filter