Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2021, 06:09 PM   #1
Bronze Member

Default water pressure

What would be considered a good water pressure regulator setting when using city water, so as not to be blowing lines in a 97 RT.
gobike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 08:22 PM   #2
Platinum Member

I have my water pressure regulator set for 30 PSI.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ZZGR1360.jpg (788.4 KB, 14 views)
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 02:48 PM   #3
Platinum Member

You can purchase a water pressure regulator at any RV store that fits on the water facet and then connects to your water hose. You can set it for any pressure you want.

MLogan
Smyrna, TN
mloganusda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 03:52 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Camping World and others sell Valterra water regulators that you put between the source and your hose to regulate water pressure. They have a full line up and this Camping World page shows one but has a video you can watch to see all the other solutions.

https://www.campingworld.com/valterr...tor-49510.html
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 01:53 PM   #5
Platinum Member

I'll never understand why anyone would use the city water hookup. JMO, but there are many horror stories. I have a 27 gallon tank, takes about 5 minutes to fill once every 3-4 days. If I want to take the Class B into town, I simply unplug the electric. (That's why I own a Class B) By using the fresh water tank, you keep it "Fresh"! To each his own. I've heard that some say they don't want to use their pump etc. Mine is 11 years old and still kicking, and when it dies, I'll replace it. Again, JMHO
ChicagoTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 02:42 PM   #6
Platinum Member

City water hook ups are convenient when you have water at your campsite. I can fill my tank directly on the passenger side with an unconnected hose which you have to watch it carefully so as not to spill or I can fill on the driver's side where the city water connection usually is with a connected hose. It fills automatically and shuts off when the tank is full. I have a built in pressure regulator. Then I could disconnect the hose. I rarely plug into shore power with campground stays of two days or less. So basically I can get up and go anytime because I have no connections.

If I were to stay at a campground long term with a campsite sanitary sewer connection I could connect to the city water and the sewer and then have unlimited water for showers and such and eventually leave the campsite with full water and empty waste tanks upon unhooking.
Old 04-09-2021, 09:18 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
City water hook ups are convenient when you have water at your campsite. …………………………………… It fills automatically and shuts off when the tank is full. ………………..
How your automatic water filling system knows that the tank is full and shuts off water input?
Old 04-10-2021, 02:07 AM   #8
Platinum Member

ARV installs a controller and valve I guess. You select city water on the Silverleaf screen and can watch if you want the filling on the Silverleaf screen in one percent increments. When it reaches 100% it automatically shuts off so you don't have the overflow spill on the ground at your campsite. You don't have to rush to the source to turn it off.
Old 04-10-2021, 04:41 AM   #9
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
ARV installs a controller and valve I guess. You select city water on the Silverleaf screen and can watch if you want the filling on the Silverleaf screen in one percent increments. When it reaches 100% it automatically shuts off so you don't have the overflow spill on the ground at your campsite. You don't have to rush to the source to turn it off.
Thank you Dave, I am not aware of any tank level sensor technology capable to have 1% resolution, must be something special. I checked on the Silverleaf site but there is no description what type of sensors, just the display capability. Perhaps a pressure sensor located on the bottom of the tank inside, but 1%, wow.