Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2022, 01:42 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Water Pump Priming

FWIW

Currently on the road and ran the fresh water tank dry. Filled back up and could not get the pump to prime. The pump ran continuously and never overheated. Removed the screen and cleaned everything out to no avail. I could see water movement and bubbles in the priming bowl but it never caught. Purged all of the air from the system. Figured a new pump was in order so i called places in Pocatello where I am currently located. Found one and was set to get it when for the heck of it i fired up the generator and turned the pump on. Within ten seconds the pump primed up Dc was not enough to pull the water through
KurtFranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 02:42 PM   #2
Platinum Member

I carry a small piece of tubing just in case I need to prime, I can do so from a jug in the cabin, then swap the lines back.

I've also been able to use "city water" to purge air from the lines and the pump primed itself.

Do you think you have a battery problem ? I'd check voltage on battery with pump running... this could be canary in coalmine, early indicator of electrical issue
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote