Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2011, 03:35 PM   #1

Default Webasto heater problems?

My new B van has a small Webasto Blueheat heater that uses gas from the fuel tank and has a simple on/off/variable temp. knob that operates it. When I turn it on, it fires up and blows hot air for a cycle or two (cycle, meaning that I hear the fuel pumping, the ignition, and then the fan blows high and gradually slows down as the heat is disapated....then one hears the fuel being pumped again, and burner firing and the fan repeating on high)....this works usually for a couple of times and then it will show the "trouble" code (LED on know will flash rather than being solid on) and the fan will blow until whatever heat that has built up has dissipated. A strong gas odour can be smelt outside the van when this happens.
Also, I'm finding that the amount of heat the thing puts out seems to be minimal at best....maybe enough to take the chill off a cold morning but I'd hate to rely on it to actually provide heat if the temp dropped down to near freezing. (my little electric ceramic heater works great even on low setting)
any ideas?...I'm thinking of taking it into my local RV place and don't know if they're an authorized repair depot for Webasto (I bought the RV from a dealer quite a distance from where I live as that was the only place I could find the model)
limbery@me.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 08:40 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: Webasto heater problems?

WVvan would probably know - maybe send him a message

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1073
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:01 PM   #3

Thanks...I've PM'd him...
Old 05-17-2011, 09:08 PM   #4

I think I've got the problem fixed....the cowling for the heat duct was partially off so a lot of the heat stayed in the compartment under the floor and it was overheating all the time rather than pushing it all into the cabin....I placed the cowl back on, and wedged a piece of 2X4 against it to hold it there....seems to work fine now...