Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-28-2007, 04:12 AM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Well After A Year, I Have Three Problems To Get Fixed

Well After A Year, I Have Three Problems To Get Fixed on my 2006 PW-TS. It has performed flawlessly, up until a month ago. I take it to the dealer Monday.

The problems I am having are:

Backup Monitor

Dealer replaced the original one under warranty, now the replacement one has a yellow vertical line about 1/4 inch running through it. Have any of you had similiar many problems with your monitors? I checked the wires they are all solidly connected.

Generator

A problem has developed, it seems to start and the xfer switch kicks in like it is supposed to. I then turn on the AC and it runs fine, when the thermostat reaches desired cooling, the compressor cycles off. When the compressor comes back on the generator sounds like it is going to stall, and the transfer switch shuts off, until the gen reaches speed again and then the xfer switch comes back on. Could it be a bad transfer switch or fuel flow problem? Any ideas? Gen has about 9 hours on it.

Refer

It feels like the temp control switch, is not working correctly. The rv, level in my driveway on ac, runs around 33 or so degrees, regardless of where I set the temp selector, and regardless of mode(ac,gas,12v). On the road and like in Phoenix Az, the temp runs about 45 or so, and the temp control makes no difference. The refer is lightly loaded. Any Ideas?
jerrygaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 02:53 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Re: your Backup Monitor

Most probably it needs to be replaced again. I've had a PDA with a horizontal yellow band. I swapped out the screen and no more band. I've seen LCD monitors with vertical lines. They were dark though, not yellow.

Re: your Generator

I don't know much about Generators in RV's.

I'd check the voltage at an outlet when it's running (with no load) and see if it is low. Then check it with a load. You should see around 120 volts with no load. If the voltage is too low then your generator will need to be adjusted.

Re: your fridge

Check to see if you have a Thermistor attached to the cooling fins. It's a wire with a resistor on the end (in my RV: white wire with a yellow tip). Sliding that wire up as high as it will go will get the fridge colder. (probably only a couple of degrees though)
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote