Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2014, 02:47 AM   #1
Bronze Member

Default What are these switches?

I have a 1997 Coach House. These 2 rocker switches are located on the left side of the column. The one on the left is labeled "Emergency Start". When I press it all I hear is a clicking sound from the engine. The one on the right is not labeled. I've turned it on and off at various times and can't for the life of me figure out what it controls. There's nothing in either the vehicle or coach owners manuals about them. Any ideas?

Curt

Raindem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 03:12 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: What are these switches?

The emergency switch is activated if your starting battery is dead. It will allow power from your house batteries to start your rig. The other switch is for... I don't know! If you have a set of aftermarket lights on the front, try flipping the switch on and see what happens. If the lights are driving lights, try your high beams with the switch on to see if they activate. The other thing to try is trace the wire to see where it is heading, that might give a clue.
AK49er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 12:07 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Then one on the right looks like it has a light. So, something that you don't want to have on without being reminded of ......, my first guess is 12v fridge power. If so, very handy. I'd like to have that feature.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 04:45 PM   #4
Bronze Member

Thanks for the replies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK49er
The other switch is for... I don't know! If you have a set of aftermarket lights on the front, try flipping the switch on and see what happens. If the lights are driving lights, try your high beams with the switch on to see if they activate.
Bingo. It operates the auxillary driving lights. The switch only works when the headlights are on, which is why I never noticed it before.

Thanks.
Raindem is offline   Reply With Quote