Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-12-2020, 11:43 PM   #1

Default What are ya'll looking forward to in terms of models and new vehicles?

I for one would like to see a 170" wheel base Revel/StoryTeller type of vehicle.
HisAirness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 12:02 AM   #2
Platinum Member

More Ford Transit models.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 01:02 AM   #3
Bronze Member

Price deflation! Getting out of hand with MSRP’s over 200K for the Lithium models.
Kab449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 01:24 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Westfalia layout, under 20’, gasoline power, garageable, LP stove and furnace, DC fridge, clean undercarriage, loft bed plus main longways double, rear seating with 3-point belts and head restraints.
Old 11-13-2020, 01:26 AM   #5
Site Team

Anything without a Diesel engine.
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 12:08 PM   #6
Bronze Member

Electric Class B with 500 mile range and less than 30 minute charge time.
Roadtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 12:40 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Semi-integrated designs of a size similar or slightly bigger than the now defunct Roadtrek 210. The semi-integrated concept builds on a van size chassis cab. The Winnebago Trend was a reasonable start in this direction, though a bit larger. Granted, these are technically a class C. Hymer, Knaus, and other European and Aussie builders have very innovative designs that, if Americanized (AC, holding tanks, etc), would be a welcome addition.
peteco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 02:20 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteco View Post
Semi-integrated designs of a size similar or slightly bigger than the now defunct Roadtrek 210. The semi-integrated concept builds on a van size chassis cab. The Winnebago Trend was a reasonable start in this direction, though a bit larger. Granted, these are technically a class C. Hymer, Knaus, and other European and Aussie builders have very innovative designs that, if Americanized (AC, holding tanks, etc), would be a welcome addition.
Forgot to add... Would like to see semi-integrated designs on the single rear wheel chassis cab base.
peteco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 05:25 PM   #9
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteco View Post
Hymer, Knaus, and other European and Aussie builders have very innovative designs that, if Americanized (AC, holding tanks, etc), would be a welcome addition.
on the AC and holding tanks.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 10:18 PM   #10
Platinum Member

Class B designs for the US with a lengthwise rear lift bed and slide-out gear tray underneath such as the Canadian Safari Condo XL Flex or European designs like the Knaus Boxlife 630. These allow full length sleeping accommodation while larger items such as bikes remain stored underneath.

Winnebago's current Revel design provides a rear lift bed with storage underneath but the crosswise bed must be lowered for full sleeping length, and the gear garage is too short for most bikes. An extended Revel 170 wheelbase could work, or an extended Promaster using the Canadian or European lift bed layouts.

Definitely agree with the gas engine and semi-integrated suggestions above. Lots of good ideas here.
rockymtnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 11:43 PM   #11
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisAirness View Post
I for one would like to see a 170" wheel base Revel/StoryTeller type of vehicle.
I think it already exists the Winnebago Boldt is available with 4x4 option.

https://www.winnebago.com/models/pro...torhomes/boldt
Old 11-15-2020, 06:13 AM   #12
Platinum Member

Autopilot would be nice
coss370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 07:01 PM   #13
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
Westfalia layout, under 20’, gasoline power, garageable, LP stove and furnace, DC fridge, clean undercarriage, loft bed plus main longways double, rear seating with 3-point belts and head restraints.
Ditto, I would change gasoline to gasoline or diesel, add LP Truma heater for space/water, and windows 360 degree which for me means all glass or transparent plastic minus pillars.
GeorgeRa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 11:45 PM   #14
Gold Member

Any model built on a Transit chassis using the just announced Ford F150 Hybrid powertrain with the built in generator or similar Sprinter chassis if Mr. Benz decides to catch up with the times.
Old 11-20-2020, 07:32 AM   #15
Silver Member

Honestly, the only things I'd like to see are 1) upgraded power, so that I can run multiple appliances at once, and 2) more rear seatbelts. My (not-yet-arrived) Ascent has two seatbelts in the rear. But class Bs make awesome day-trip vehicles, and I would love to be able to load up a bunch of friends* and tow a boat to a lake, and be able to cook a picnic lunch and have a bathroom there on shore.

* (yes, i know, once we get past covid restrictions, of course)
PleasantonMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 02:14 PM   #16
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleasantonMac View Post
Honestly, the only things I'd like to see are 1) upgraded power, so that I can run multiple appliances at once, and 2) more rear seatbelts. My (not-yet-arrived) Ascent has two seatbelts in the rear. But class Bs make awesome day-trip vehicles, and I would love to be able to load up a bunch of friends* and tow a boat to a lake, and be able to cook a picnic lunch and have a bathroom there on shore.

We all have different ideas in how we want to use a Class B. I'm just the polar opposite in that I want a B for extended travel and camping and not for everyday use or other purposes such as having space for others, tailgating at games, day tripping, towing, etc., or any other compromises to accommodate those activities if they take away from my main objective in space and storage for that extended travel. I'm trying to accomplish that with a nearly 5 ft. shorter B that I have now. Going down from an extended body 24'-1" Sprinter to a 19'-5" Sprinter.

I've had a B that I could travel with as much as 6 passengers and that I have never took advantage of and now I've got it down to no space to entertain guest inside let alone traveling anywhere with passengers other than my wife in my next B.

I'm in to nearly 20 years of RVing starting with a vintage airstream trailer to three Class B's and now a forth one to come. My ideas of what I want in an RV have changed drastically over the years. My grandchildren have grown up to where they have no interest anymore but that may have been because a thousand mile trip on a back sofa bouncing up and down over every bump was not much fun.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 02:52 PM   #17
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleasantonMac View Post

My 85 VW Westfalia was a 5 passengers with seatbelts campervan.
GeorgeRa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 03:19 PM   #18
Platinum Member

Not looking for anything new. Prices have gotten
Crazy. We are very happy with our 2007 Roadtrek 210 Versatile. Good gas mileage, has everything we need and best of all we park it in our driveway and plug it into the 30amp service.

We have been getting phone calls asking if we would condider selling it from dealers and individuals. Just for curiousity we took it down to
Two dealers and they offered more than we paid for it used.
RAA357 is offline   Reply With Quote