Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-27-2022, 03:55 PM   #1

Default What is the best site to sell your RV?

Hi, I was just looking for tips on selling an RV. Which site(s) would you recommend? Are there any legalities to be concerned about? Thanks.
Cathy Pedersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 06:26 PM   #2
Platinum Member

depends on how "hands on" you want to be.

I buy and sell stuff ( when I need to) on craigslist

I know how to write an accurate and complete ad, and which terms to set which will keep time wasters away.

I have no interest in long distance callers and "deals". I only deal locally.

Easy for me, Arizona requires a notary for title changes which requires buyer and seller provide id and legal title

and I deal in cash
We go to buyers bank and that bank gives me a cashier check, or if a branch of my bank does electronic transfer ( only within same bank). most banks will provide notary services

Some would rather have a 3rd party sell it for them, giving up thousands of dollars
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 07:10 PM   #3
Platinum Member

We have sold via airstreamclassifieds.com (only handles Airstream-branded units) and bought locally via RV Trader.

In both cases we relied on bank transfers and a simple DIY sales contract we did via an online legal site (I forget which one, but there are plenty).One key thing we established via the sales contract is that we sold the unit where is, as is, without warranty of any kind.

We declined to accept checks of any kind for our sale, and did not want to deal with actual cash. That's why we went with bank transfers. The only legality we needed to worry about was a signed sales contract, bill of sale, and not letting them travel on our existing license plate. They had to provide their own.

With our purchase we transferred the money, got the signed title and keys, drove our existing vehicle to the nearby state licensing office, showed all the paperwork and transferred an existing plate we already had (from the previous RV) to the new-to-us RV we had just bought, had them record the title, and added the new registration sticker to the plate. Then we called our insurance company to add our camper van to the policy, attached the repurposed plates to our new-to-us RV, and drove it home.
Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 08:20 PM   #4

Default Thank you

Thank you. These tips are extremely helpful.
Cathy Pedersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 11:10 AM   #5
Platinum Member

States do vary on the treatment of license plates. In some the plate stays on the vehicle and goes with the new owner, others are as described as above.
Just for fun:'15 Kawasaki Versys650LT
Perfection is a fantasy, though improvement is possible(Wifey).
SteveJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 12:04 PM   #6
Platinum Member

It’s a numbers game. The more widely you advertise, the greater the chances of finding a good buyer match.

That being said, I find a lot of Airstreams listed on Facebook Marketplace that don’t appear to be listed elsewhere (or I can’t find them elsewhere). Marketplace is the default for many Facebook users who don’t care to climb a new platform learning curve.
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 02:02 PM   #7
Platinum Member

I'm on my 3rd Class B, and I bought all 3 of mine off of ebay. All 3 were in different states from where I live. I paid for the first 2 with cashier's checks. With the current one, I met the sellers at their bank, so their bank could contact mine. I don't remember now if we did a wire transfer or what, but the sellers didn't trust cashier's checks.

Pam
Pam G is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
for sale, legal