Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2017, 01:13 AM   #1
Gold Member

Default What's your favorite...

wax for your Roadtrek? I'm getting ready to depart on a three week trip to SC, NC, TN and AL and upon my return I am dropping BIG EDNA II off at the spa (e.g. detailer shop). I am going to give her an outside spa treatment and was wondering what wax would be best for both the metal and fiberglass areas? I don't think everyone will agree but I am looking forward to the responses. As an aside the detail place quoted me $250.00 for hand wash and hand wax on her. I think that is a good price but have no base line. Thanks in advance for your input.

Blessed with way more than I deserve.
Shore-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 01:05 PM   #2
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shore-T View Post
wax for your Roadtrek? I'm getting ready to depart on a three week trip to SC, NC, TN and AL and upon my return I am dropping BIG EDNA II off at the spa (e.g. detailer shop). I am going to give her an outside spa treatment and was wondering what wax would be best for both the metal and fiberglass areas? I don't think everyone will agree but I am looking forward to the responses. As an aside the detail place quoted me $250.00 for hand wash and hand wax on her. I think that is a good price but have no base line. Thanks in advance for your input.
I'm guessing that no one waxes their Roadtrek...

Old 09-17-2017, 01:29 PM   #3
BBQ
Platinum Member

Same wax as what you would put on your car.

Well... who puts wax on their cars these days?
Old 09-17-2017, 02:06 PM   #4
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ View Post

Same wax as what you would put on your car.

Well... who puts wax on their cars these days?
Well I do... I use that stuff that comes in the orange container, I think it's called Nu-Wax or something or other. However I have heard that fiberglass wax is recommended for the top? Trying to drill down on that rumor...

Best. Shore-T sends...

Old 09-17-2017, 02:15 PM   #5
BBQ
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shore-T View Post
Well I do... I use that stuff that comes in the orange container, I think it's called Nu-Wax or something or other. However I have heard that fiberglass wax is recommended for the top? Trying to drill down on that rumor...

Best. Shore-T sends...

That orange bottle is not wax... NuFinish is a polymer coating. It beads the water, so nothing stays on the surface (or penetrates the surface).

Lots of people have used NuFinish on boats with good results. Probably it will work on fibreglass RV too.
Old 09-17-2017, 03:52 PM   #6
Bronze Member

For fiberglass and gel coats believe it or not ZEP Wet-Look Floor Polish is the best. I wouldn't use it on metal surfaces but it's ok for plastic as well. You wash the fiberglass first with regular to prep the surface, let it dry and then use a damp but very wrung microfiber towel or spung to apply the polish to the surface of the RV, boat or what ever fiberglass thing you want polished. You'll need to do about three to four coats five or so minutes apart or until the last coat is dry. Use a 5 gallon bucket with water to wring out the microfiber cloth before you add more wax to the towel/sponge because it'll turn your driveway blue when it dries if you let get all over the place. I don't know why it just does.

There's videos all over youtube of other people polishing their RVs with Zep. Here's one here:

EsotericSnowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 05:05 PM   #7
Gold Member

Thanks fellas!