Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2010, 12:49 AM   #1

Default Wheel spacers for 1997 dodge Coachhouse

Need information on wheel spacers for my 1997 dodge coachhouse, thanks Ed from south dakota.
enge1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 06:20 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Location: Sarnialabad, The Newly Elected People's Republic of Canuckistan
Default Re: Wheel spacers for 1997 dodge Coachhouse

Not sure what you mean by information on wheel spacers enge1.
I think there are a couple of other Coach House owners on here, but maybe they haven't
used or tried them.
Maybe have a read of this thread from another forum.
There is some discussion of spacers for some Dodge vans, which may be appropriate for
your Coach House. It's sort of about handling issues but there appears to be a knowledge base involved.
http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fusea ... page/2.cfm

Good luck.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:18 PM   #3
Gold Member

Default Re: Wheel spacers for 1997 dodge Coachhouse

I have a 1995 Pleasureway on a Dodge Ram 3500 chassis.For a number of years (pre about 2003) Dodge made their 3500's with a rear track (distance between the rear wheels) 4 inches narrower than the front track. Result was a tendency for the van to "wander" on the highway, particularly on roads where there are double ruts from large trucks. Many people, me included, added 2 inch thick steel spacers between each rear drum and the wheel to bring both front and rear tracks into line. I haven't heard anyone make any negative comments about the result. Comments indicate huge improvement in handling ease - and that's my experience. I got mine from Fred Goeske in California. He seemed extremely knowledgable of the problem, paid careful attention to my particular needs (wheel bolt pattern, stud diameters, etc) and shipped me exactly what I needed. Installation was very straightforward - just follow Fred's recommendations for torquing the nuts. You can Google wheel spacers or go to http://www.WheelAdapter.com. I think I paid something over $300 for the pair, but my memory's weak - may have been $200+

Les
LesM is offline   Reply With Quote