Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2008, 02:49 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Where to purchase a raised roof for a van?

Richard asks:

Quote:
I have a Dodge Ram Van with the short wheel base and want to have a raised roof or a pop up roof installed. I would like some info as to companies or individuals who do this. I would even consider purchasing one and installing it myself. I live in Pennsylvania but I have no problem traveling elsewhere to have it done or picking one up.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 12:42 PM   #2

Have you talked with the folks t Sportsmobile? That is exactly what they do for Ford, Chevy and Sprinter vans. They used to do it for Dodge Ram so you could call Nancy Nix at Sportsmobile in Huntington. Indiana and ask her if they still can. The website is www.sportsmobile.com
Old 10-21-2008, 01:36 PM   #3
Bronze Member

Send a message via Yahoo to dave_in_delaware

+1 for Sportsmobile. They put different tops on Ford and Chevy vans. The Sprinter is already tall, so I don't think they'd put a pop top on that, but the other "regular" vans they do.

I know the penthouse top has a 6'10" ceiling height. I'm 6'-0" tall and I loved the height of their penthouse. The other "fixed" toppers are lower IIRC.

Current Project: Design Phase of a DIY "Sportsmobile" in Ford E-350 EB, to include: L-shaped sofa/bed, Storage cabinets, Sink, water heater, porta-potti, 2 AGM, solar, hydronic heat, attic fan, propane, portable frig...
dave_in_delaware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 07:25 AM   #4

GTRV in Vancouver BC did mine. You are closer to Sportsmobile in Indiana. Possibly Safari Condo in Quebec. Thats all I know about other than some in California.

Here's mine on my modified 4x4 Astro van.

2k3 Chevy Astro AWD, Overlandvans 4-5" lift, 4:10's w/ Eaton posi in rear, NP233c 4x4 2spd Hi Lo transfercase, 255/70 16 ATs, GTRV Pop Top w/ sleeper bunk, Gaucho coach, Coleman Fridge, and tons of Thule
T.Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 12:46 PM   #5

Default Re: Where to purchase a raised roof for a van?

This is a 2006 E250 we had Sportmobile in Indiana put on .

RS 38-40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 11:40 PM   #6

Here's one site that may sell a raised top that you can install. http://www.millenniumproducts.com/applicationguides.htm It's located in Indiana. There are also a couple of places in the Los Angeles area that sell a variety of bubble tops that you can install. The tops are around $1500 without shipping. I imagine that the shipping cost is a lot.

Rick
lzcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 02:50 AM   #7
Silver Member

My brother had one installed on his 2006 chevy van in 2007. The company is Superior Custom Vans 2412 Haines Rd units 1-4, Mississauga, Ontario, L4Y 1Y6 1-905-273-7956
With the Canadian dollar at about 20 cents less it could be a good deal for you. Give them a call and let me know how you make out.
dutchduo1990 is offline   Reply With Quote